Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me decide if this table will be worth it.

Red face Please help me decide if this table will be worth it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sullivans-...Specifications

The link has the Sullivans Adjustable Home Hobby Table listed at Walmart for $229.99 today.
    I like the fact the height can be adjusted from 29'' to 38''. I like the shelves in the middle to store rulers, etc.
    I would use it to cut fabric as well as move it by my sewing machine when quilting space is needed behind my sewing machine. It ships free to the house.

The one review gave it 5 stars. Has anyone used this table before. I appreciate your help. Thanks

I would be concerned about it's sturdiness. It looks a little flimsy, but you can't tell until you see it. I have been using a similar one for the past 30 years, but it is wood at the bottom instead of meal and even it could be sturdier, but it has served me well. I keep storage drawers under each corner and leave it up all the time. Is there any way you can see it set up? These days, things are just so poorly made, it is hard to shop for something like that.
    Michelle Guadarrama

I am concerned whether it will be sturdy also. I think Walmart has great customer satisfaction guarantees. I have returned items before without any hassles. I would make sure I could return it to the local Walmart should I not like it. I would not want to pay to shipping to return it. Thank you for your advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
    I would be concerned about it's sturdiness. It looks a little flimsy, but you can't tell until you see it. I have been using a similar one for the past 30 years, but it is wood at the bottom instead of meal and even it could be sturdier, but it has served me well. I keep storage drawers under each corner and leave it up all the time. Is there any way you can see it set up? These days, things are just so poorly made, it is hard to shop for something like that.

Wow, that's expensive. Check your local craigslist. I've seen that table on ours,I just had no idea it cost that much, and no need for one myself. Good luck!

I have one like this that I got at JoAnns on sale for about $75. I had my husband put U-clips underneath so the legs would be stable.

I have one that I found on craigslist similar to that. On the up side - I like that one better BECAUSE it has a shelf and the height is adjustable. On the down side I too think it is pricey.

Mine is stable for a work surface and was the perfect size for the large olfa mat. I used it a lot for cutting. I would not want to sew on it (just my opinion). I have retired mine as I am tall and needed more height. I went to Ikea and purchased a Formica table top and four adjustable legs for less than what that costs. My new setup however does not fold as the Walmart one does.

If you need it to fold - Joannes also has one - that is cheaper. This is like the one I have. It is currently as I post 50% off. Again no shelves - but you can purchase loads of plastic tubs for $150!!!

http://www.joann.com/home-hobby-table/xprd830869/
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I have the one from Joann's that I got yrs ago for $50. It is not that sturdy, and I lost one of the wheels somehow came off and dog got it. I have a large cutting mat taped to the one side and when I set it out I put another large cutting mat on it so I have the whole table to cut on, without moving fabric. If iI had room I would leave set out with drawers or file cabinet underneath for storage.

Blog Entries
    it looks like JoAnn's table. I've had mine for years and it doesn't have shelves but it's the same otherwise. some use it for cutting, i think it's too wobbly but i use it to fuse batting to my quilts.

I used to have one from Joann's worked well for me for many years. I do not think it was as $$$$.

Blog Entries
    I agree, I have seen this a JoAnns for less

Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    I have one like this that I got at JoAnns on sale for about $75. I had my husband put U-clips underneath so the legs would be stable.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast