Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Please help me identify and find the source of this!

Please help me identify and find the source of this!

Just a few days ago I came across a design for making a saw-tooth pattern of some sort using a strip method similar to bargello, starting with HST's. I may have even bookmarked it, but don't remember what it was called and can't seem to find it among my hundreds of quilt-related bookmarks. Can anyone help me with the name or the link, please? It looked something like this, but there was a complete pattern with more than one example of ways to use it in a quilt. Thanks! (Please excuse my crooked drawing, but the dashed lines represent straight cuts.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I'm about to start a quilt that will use these type strips, with the 45 degree join, and your illustration is going to save me HOURS!!!!!! Thanks for posting the question, I'll be looking forward to the other answers.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Banned
    I thought it looked like Scrappy Mountain Majesties by Bonnie Hunter.

QM
    I know people who do Delectable Mountains by a similar method.

Wow - this board is fantastic! Looking at it now, I don't see how anyone even figured it out from my drawing, which is just wrong! Thanks to all who replied. The name I could not remember was "Delectable Mountain", and once I had that (Thanks, QM) I was able to find my missing link: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/12/...-mountain.html It's an old pattern that appears in different configurations. Here's another link that has some history and examples: http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/p...-mountains.htm
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Try the Eleanor Burns cite. She does the quilt "Delectable Mountains" that has the method you want. Eleanor simplifies the method for you in her video. I used to find it in her free videos.
    Sew Happy!