Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Polar Fleece

My current project is making throws out of polar fleece. I have found that this material stretches and it is hard to get it as taunt as I would like. Is ther any secret to eliminate this problem...I have pillow cased the material instead of knotting it.

Blog Entries
    i've only made throws out of two pieces, cut fringe around the edges and tied with a slip knot. did some with regular knot too. worked fine. i just laid them out on the bed and made sure the sides all matched, cut fringe and tied. had no real problem with stretching though.

When I sewed fleece, it was to a woven layer. That way, it did not stretch. Sorry I can't be of help.

sorry, I have never made one.

I made sure the top was turned one direction(selvage to selvage) and the bottom fleece was turned the other direction that way the stretching is at a minimum. When cutting off the selvages make sure you mark the edges so that when you sandwich them back together you have them turned in opposite directions.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the tips :D:D:D
    I want to back a couple of quilts with fleece, but I wondered about the stretching...

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    i've only made throws out of two pieces, cut fringe around the edges and tied with a slip knot. did some with regular knot too. worked fine. i just laid them out on the bed and made sure the sides all matched, cut fringe and tied. had no real problem with stretching though.
    i did that 2x. on the first one, when i washed it and dried it, the two sides twisted all out of shape and got static-y. the next time, i used softener and it was much better.