Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pop in my mind

Blog Entries
    I agree with Tashana. Fine a reasonably priced terry robe and add quilting to the pockes, cuffs and collar, or even add something along the hem or on the back. I would love to receive something embellished with quilting!

Blog Entries
    you might want it to be all silk light weight so your shoulders don't sag
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Many years ago, my family that is pretty large, had a Christmas exchange where we each drew a name and that is who we needed a gift for. The challenge was that the gift was supposed to be hand made. My brother's wife taught him how to sew and he had drawn our Moms name. He made her a quilted robe. She loved it and never wanted to tell him this but the robe was too heavy for her. So, please just think about who is getting this wonderful gift and be careful about the weight of the robe! Have fun and share pics!

I have two fleece robes. One I made in 1992 and one my Granddaughter bought as a Christmas gift, several years ago. Both are too warm and I haven't used them much. Now I sleep in long PJ pants and tee shirt and usually don't cover up much.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I made a quilted jacket with a regular pattern. Ii was a bargello.I just made a piece of fabric the right size and cut out the pices. It turned out great.
    Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by juropat View Post
    I was sitting here thinking what I should make for Christmas this year, pillow cases, purses. I don't know why but pop in my mind, BATHROBE. Has anyone made a quilted bathrobe? Pattern to share? I know my dh is in need of a new one but hard to find heavy robes now.

Great mInds think alike . Plus was thinking pj pants

I make all my bathrobes for the men in my family. I use heavy fleece and make them down to their ankles. Some are wrap and tie, but my husband's favorite is like a caftan with a zipper up the front all the way to his chin. Warm and cozy. We don't keep our house very warm, so he is snug and so am I in my fleece robe. I have McCall's patterns from years back.

Stretch and sew has a good robe pattern I think the pattern number is 2000. It is very easy to make. I used fleece. It has a lap front and tie. But I used big snaps around the neck and down the front to keep it closed.

What I've done in the past, was make material from 4" sqs, or whatever suit your fancy, in till I have enough yardage...and cut as normal... not very inventive, but works well...would love to see when you finish...

I've quilted bodice, collar and cuffs when you could get robe velour. I found some regular velour on sale and will quilt bodice, collar and maybe sleeves using flannel. I just criss-crossed the lines.
    I hate fleece.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast