Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: portable sewing table

Banned
    Blog Entries
    after the retreat this weekend, I decided I need a more portable table for my Bernina 830 Record. I found this table, but was wondering if any of you have one and if you do, what do you like/not like about it!

http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp12637.html

I don't have one but it looks good to me. I like the fact that it will fold up. I have bought from Allbrands and was satisfied with the item and their service, good prices too.

Blog Entries
    I had one of these that I used as my main sewing table for the last two years. I just passed it on to a friend when I bought a desk to match the rest of my office furniture to replace it with. It worked fine for me. As long as you don't jerk the lever when lowering or raising the machine,it will work out great. If I grew impatient and just kind of dropped the machine down then the lever can come ajar - it does have a safety bar in place to prevent any "drops" of the machine.

Blog Entries
    Looks good to me - have you seen the SewEzi version? That one comes with a carry bag, and wheels at one end so it can be pulled along. I have one I use for workshops and also in my sewing room. I have three different inserts for different machines, and a wooden insert to convert is back to a table too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Looks good to me - have you seen the SewEzi version? That one comes with a carry bag, and wheels at one end so it can be pulled along. I have one I use for workshops and also in my sewing room. I have three different inserts for different machines, and a wooden insert to convert is back to a table too.
    is this the one you have? http://www.seweziusa.com/index.html
    Looks almost the same...do you like the bag?

I have a SEW EZI table and LOVE it!! I only wish I had gotten it years ago. Easy to set up and they make an insert that fits each machine!! Can't recommend it enough!!!

I have a SewEzi and I really like it. I will probably add inserts for some of my other machines at a later date. It is very well made yet easy to handle.

Blog Entries
    sounds cool for the SewEzi tables

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Blog Entries
    Saw these on goodwill sight selling for 20-30$ not long ago!