Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Post your quilt stories good or bad, as we learn together

Blog Entries
    Please post your quilt stories good or bad.

We all learn together!

A woman in an office where I worked asked me if I could make 2 quilts for her dd's . What she wanted was memory quilts with their childhood clothing. While I was working on this project Her house had a massive hire. She lost everything! When the quilts were complete it was a emotional reunion for her.

Blog Entries
    that was great you got to make a memory quilt for her, sorry to here about her massive fire

Quote Originally Posted by susie0808
    A woman in an office where I worked asked me if I could make 2 quilts for her dd's . What she wanted was memory quilts with their childhood clothing. While I was working on this project Her house had a massive hire. She lost everything! When the quilts were complete it was a emotional reunion for her.

Mom gave hand pieced, hand quilted quilts as graduation gifts and wedding gifts. I had a king size that she made when I got married the first time. After my divorce I asked if she would make me another quilt. She said, "Go back and finish college or get remarried." If I'd have gone with the first option I could have gotten a quilt by investing only 3 years of my life. . . . . . . . LOL

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Mom gave hand pieced, hand quilted quilts as graduation gifts and wedding gifts. I had a king size that she made when I got married the first time. After my divorce I asked if she would make me another quilt. She said, "Go back and finish college or get remarried." If I'd have gone with the first option I could have gotten a quilt by investing only 3 years of my life. . . . . . . . LOL
    There is a little food for thought!

Blog Entries
    I made quilts for all my husbands nephews children, 3 of them. Never even got a thanks. On the other hand, another niece cried when she opened hers. From now on I will choose carefully who gets my quilts.

I guess I've been lucky, everyone that I've a quilt for has really appreciated it.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I taught my BFF to quilt. The best gift is to see how much she enjoys it too.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I love it... Thats just too funny :lol: