Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Postcards >

Postcards

Postcards

Old 01-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Default Postcards

What do you use for the back of your postcard? do you have dividing line between the sections and do you have lines to denote the address area?

I am wanting to make some postcards using pictures I have of my stuffed crazy quilted valentines hearts I've made in the past and some pics I have of antique valentine cards my mom has.

I may also make some quilted post cards. I made exactly one last Valentine's and it came out okay but I didnt' go any farther with any more.

But I'm stuck on what to do with the back. I looked up a template but the lines are light gray and dont show up well when printed off.

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome!

I am thinking of using 4" x 6" for the size. I thought I'd use card stock and cut them to size.
I have glossy fronted 4" x 6" cards that came with my printer but I can't figure out how to put them in the printer so they would print. Another frustration LOL

Thanks!! Rhonda
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 PM

I do my backs with card stock but print with a fine line Sharpie. I write "POST CARD" at the top, put in a dividing line down the center and on the right side add lines for addressing it. I did print some out on just plain paper, have thought about printing on fabric and using a fabric back but never got around to it.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:05 PM

If you google images of postcard backs you will get lists of them.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Power Poster

thanks ladies I appreciate your help
Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 AM

Our local Hobby Lobby has a stamp that you can use on the back. Looks like a vintage postcard. Most use muslin or a light colored fabric for the back so when it is stamped it looks great. They use a fabric pen to write the message, name and address. Really neat. Link: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...-stamp-118224/
Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 AM

I have used a postcard stamp similar to what SingerSewer describes except that it wasn't the full size of the postcard -- just had the "postcard" word in that vintage style font. It looks nice. Then I have drawn the center line on.

I enjoy making those postcards, but my problem has been getting a standard postage price from postal clerks for mailing. They don't seem to agree, and I don't want my recipients to have to pay postage due.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to put cardstock through my printer but it objects and keeps jamming. I have another printer that feeds from the top and I might have to see about hooking it back up just for this. I wanted to print quilt pictures for the fronts. I made one quilted postcard last year and am going to try making some again.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

I sew cardstock on the back of mine, then i take out my sharpies in a bazillion colors
and get going on the back of the card. I have a rubber stamp that's little flowers and I use that as a divider.
then I color things in . have fun.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Rhonda. LOVE those little hearts!!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 PM

I wish I could help but I'm curious as to how to do this too. So, I'll be checking back. Thanks for posting