Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: posting a request - please be specific

I love this forum and have found many useful ideas. But I have a request for those of you posting. Please, please, please make the topic as specific as possible so we have a good idea what it is about.

For example, I am trying to find a way to remove wrinkles from wool batting. I did a search and came up with pages of topics named "wool batting" I can't possibly open up all of them in search of one that's about my specific topic.

I've come across this in general on the forum. It would be so much more helpful for people to include something specific in the topic name, such as "removing wrinkles from Hobbs wool batting
    Thanks so much

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I've had the same problem at times. Glad you brought it up.

you are right we could all do better with titles

Ditto! Besides making the "search" feature too hard to use, I find it impossible to read all the posts & probably have missed some that I should have read as the topic posted did not have enough key words.

Quote Originally Posted by vtquilter
    I love this forum and have found many useful ideas. But I have a request for those of you posting. Please, please, please make the topic as specific as possible so we have a good idea what it is about.

For example, I am trying to find a way to remove wrinkles from wool batting. I did a search and came up with pages of topics named "wool batting" I can't possibly open up all of them in search of one that's about my specific topic.

I've come across this in general on the forum. It would be so much more helpful for people to include something specific in the topic name, such as "removing wrinkles from Hobbs wool batting
    Thanks so much

Blog Entries
    Also (and I think this has been said before) "Need Help" isn't very helpful. I look and it is something that I have no clue about, sometimes I don't bother to look.

I agree...that would be sooo very helpful.....

Sandi

Blog Entries
    I agree. the search option only seems to go by titles of postings which isn't always much help.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    I agree. the search option only seems to go by titles of postings which isn't always much help.
    DITTO!!!! :x

Whole heartedly agree! And the "what do you think" or "help" ones drive me a little nuts too!

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    that is good to know...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast