Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: potato bags

I have seen many posts about these bags catching fire, but no post about having a problem with the microwave bowls. Am about to make some of each, when my potato bag batting arrives in the mail. Not sure I want to give as gifts if I have to worry about a fire starting.

Carmanmarie

You have to use all cotton.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    most of the fires came from bags with POLY fabric, poly batting and/or rayon/poly embroidery work on them.

Use cotton everything and you should be fine..also make sure you find the directions for using it to print off for the recipient!

Quote Originally Posted by carmanmarie
    I have seen many posts about these bags catching fire, but no post about having a problem with the microwave bowls. Am about to make some of each, when my potato bag batting arrives in the mail. Not sure I want to give as gifts if I have to worry about a fire starting.

Carmanmarie
    I have found that they MUST turn in the microwave or they will catch fire. If they get stuck and stop moving it causes the fabric to burn. They do have to be all cotton.

Thank you all for this info. I will be sure to use cotton thread.

Carmanmarie