Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pouting >

pouting

pouting

Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 AM

With the list of dreamed up quilts ever expanding in my head. I swear the simple thought of hay I should make a quilt for my niece's birthday has started a serious adiction. All I can think of anymore is of fabric I want to buy and quilts I want to make. I have to stop quilting for what feels like forever but is really only a little while. I HAVE to finish the scrapbook of our wedding by Thanksgiving. I promised that I would. For some strange reason the family wants to see the pictures of our wedding more than my latest quilt ideas. I have no idea why LOL. I'm pouting because I had to pack up all the sewing stuff so I could spread out all the scrapbooking stuff on the kitchen table. I just had to share with those of you who would understand.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Do it really fast and you can get back to quilting!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM

Join the club----quilting somehow becomes a major focus
I am always dreaming up new quilts to make........I see patterns everywhere in the environment

Yes, I can relate to your problem and if I was there would come and admire each and every quilt project.... :mrgreen:
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 AM

I know the feeling. We have been going to sunny Arizona for the last three winters for 5 months. This year I asked my DH if we could stay home this winter. He said yes, he would shovel snow and stay home. I am very selfish but I hate to leave my sewing room. It is so hard to sew in a 30' 5th wheel. So, We are staying home this winter and maybe several more... Yipee!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 AM

LOL, as I read this I was thinking what Sadiemae already wrote! Do it quick & be done with it, you will be glad you did! Then, get back to your quilting! As for no one else being interested in that, well, that's why we are here, right! We all understand & can share our quilting dreams here, all we want! You are definitely not alone, & I think we all pout at times like this, when life gets in the way, & keeps us from our real passion!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 AM

Just tell them it's an addiction and the only cure is more fabric and time in your sewing room !
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 AM

cute entry. lol... Life does get in the way, doesn't it?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 AM

I know the feeling-I just got back from a 2 month over-seas working/holiday and didn't have any quilt to work on! I bought several quilt magazines from Australia just to have a temporary fix! Now my callouses (sp?) on my finger from hand quilting have gone away and I have to start all over with the pain of building them up again! I am constantly tempted to buy more with every coupon, e-newsletter and magazine I get! I don't drive here, so staying away from the shops isn't so hard, but on-line shopping is a different story! Plus, I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking of my quilts just waiting for me to finish and it's all I can do NOT to respond to their calls!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Exact same with me. I cannot get anything done around the house, all I want to do is touch and fold and quilt my fabric. But the vicious cycle is, i feel so quilty wanting to sew and rearrange fabric that i end up getting nothing done. I think i need drugs. LOL
Old 11-04-2010, 01:10 PM

Well i have to tell ya i think thats funny because i thought i was the only one that pouted when i have to sent my guilting aside for a few days to get other things done. ;)