Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prairie Pointer

Blog Entries
    How many of you have the Prairie Pointer tool and do you like it. I have one customer that always wants the PP's on her quilts. Just wondering if it is worth it?

Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about that tool. I just cut 2-1/2" squares and fold them by hand and pin to the quilt top.

I have seen the tool in action and it does save time. I saw the little one though 1 1/2" she just whipped through them.

Blog Entries
    I have one works great but if she is the only one who wants it I don't think you should get just one not unless you are going to display a quilt with pp and then everyonre will want to purchase one you know how it goes got to have it! hope this helps you

I had no idea what it was so of course, I searched it.
    Here is a short tute on how to use it and she also has a link to a youtube video on it!

http://www.piecesbewithyou.com/patte...ter_detail.htm

Glad you opened this conversation! I tried prairie points on one project recently, so I immediately watched the video from "piecebewithyou". I think I gotta have that tool!! Trying to press them perfectly was a bummer for me.

Blog Entries
    It's a pain pressing all those points- trying to hold the points down to get them pressed. I personally don't like to put the points on a baby quilt because they can poke in the eyes, but this lady always wants them on her quilts and she just orderd three more.She gets them but I charge more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieceful Quilter
    Glad you opened this conversation! I tried prairie points on one project recently, so I immediately watched the video from "piecebewithyou". I think I gotta have that tool!! Trying to press them perfectly was a bummer for me.
    At this quilt shop I used to go to for "sewing group" the owner bought a set of the prarier point rulers one was tiny and you only could do one at a time but she also had one that was maybe 12 or 14 inches long and you could do a bunch at one time. She showed all of us how to use them and even offered to let any of us "borrow" them to make some if we wanted to. I wanted to try them out, but never got the chance to. But it looked pretty easy to do.