Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prairie points and going around a corner

Prairie points and going around a corner

I have done a continuous prairie point around a pillow case and would like to try one on a smallish wall hanging. How do you go around a corner so all the corners look the same. Also, do the points stick out on the sides or do they usually lie flat against the quilt with a binding on the edges. Are there any tuts available on this. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

If you google prairie points you will most likely come up with several tutes...I can tell you how I did it but that's not necessarily going to be the best way!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Blog Entries

Prairie points[

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boyz View Post
    I have done a continuous prairie point around a pillow case and would like to try one on a smallish wall hanging. How do you go around a corner so all the corners look the same. Also, do the points stick out on the sides or do they usually lie flat against the quilt with a binding on the edges. Are there any tuts available on this. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
    I never done continuous pp's but I do put them on baby quilts occassionally, I just adjust them so they come out on the ends.
    Just google them and maybe you will find a tute on that.

If you make the edges of the corner pieces line up together when you turn the quilt they will form a square corner. That's the only way I've done them. I'll be interested to see if anyone has another way that makes them cover the corner with a point.