Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prarie Points Binding HELP

I have done praire points as binding before. However this time the longarm quilter stiched an 1/8th of an inch around the entire quilt. The batting and backing along the edges has 4-5 inches around. The technique I have used to apply the points had been folding the backing out of the way and stiching the points to the quilt then using the backing to fold under and over as the binding hand sewing. I can not do this now with the edge stiched. To tiny to remove stiches. Any Suggestions? :cry:

You could sew the points onto the back and then cover the exposed edges with a binding strip, kind of like adding a strip of bias tape.

Yes, Just like Tammy said, sew the points onto the back and then sew the binding/facing like garments, press the facing and stitch down by hand. This technique is actually better for the Quilts edge durability.

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Thank you! I will try it!

Blog Entries
    Aren't these QB folks terrific! I appreciate their answer to your problem, too... and LOVE prarie points..

Blog Entries
    When you long arm a quilt you baste the edges. Are you sure that the stitching close to the edge is not just this basting stitch? If so you can just remove it.