Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pre-Cut Kits-Half Rail Fence

Pre-Cut Kits-Half Rail Fence

Someone mentioned this on another thread and gave the url for John Flynn's site. Some of his smaller kits are affordable (to me..and not many are), e.g. a Drunkard's Path in blues....and a "Half Rail Fence" kit. I graphed it out and it looks like a standard 3-rail block, maybe just narrower pieces. What makes it a "half rail fence"? I googled it and images and pretty much all that came up were the standard rail fence designs.

http://flynnquilt.danemcoweb.com/sho...e-pre-cut-kit/

TIA!

It looks like at least some of the blocks only have two rails, so that may be it?

Blog Entries
    I only see two fabrics together in the strips before they'res cut. Maybe his Rail Fences have four strips so 2 strips is a Half Rail.

It looks to me like there are three strips but they are cut half the length of regular rail fence strips and the layout is different. Cute pattern though.

Ok, looked at it again and there are 3 strips to each rail but the rail sections are only half as wide as usual.

Although I haven't seen this particular kit, I can vouch for the quality of John Flynn's kits. I've made Kate's batik Storm at Sea and have just received a Wheel of Mystery in blue batiks. They're great and the Flynns' service is excellent. I'm sure they'd answer any questions you have!
    Maggie in Jerusalem
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/maggiemwdesigns