Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: pre-printed blue lines

pre-printed blue lines

I remember seeing a product specifically made to take out the pre-printed blue lines for hand embroidery work. I know they are suppose to wash right out, but this is a special quilt and I don't want to take a chance on getting it wet and have the lines remain. Has anyone seen this product?

I have not seen the product but my husband's grandmother made us beautiful set it tablecloths for our wedding using preprinted fabric. I don't remember any lines. Also, my mother in law made a gorgeous cross stitched quilt for my daughter and I do not remember seeing any lines on it either. Mind you, all the pieces have embroidery floss on top of the lines so for all I know they can still be there. Good luck!

I did an embroidered cross stitch quilt, that also had the blue lines for the quilting. After I quilted it and washed it, there were no blue lines, they all came out.

Sorry, I don't know the name of the product. But I gently washed one my MIL cross stitched the blocks then sewed them together and hired someone to hand quilt. Those dots did not come out but they weren't quite as noticeable.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Yes, the blue lines come out. I've washed many cross-stitched quilts and have it always come out. We even did a whole cloth white quilt and the blue lines all came out.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I cross stiched a quilt and washed, soaked, dry cleaned and the lines are still there. I am just sick so much work !