Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pre-printedquilt top

I am working on a white whole cloth quilt top now. My husband wanted me to quilt it with black quilting thread (I hand quilt). I can see my little black knots thru the white fabric and I am not real happy about that, but it is a pretty quilt top. It is called Welsh Beauty. I have another one that is called Feathered Pineapple it is white too. I am going to back it with a light yellow and quilt it with yellow thread.
    Blessed are the piece makers for their children shall inherit the quilts.

I would try with a 20-30 weight thread. I have seen a quilt top where the maker used the heavier thread the it turned out great, better than embrodiery thread.

Yes, I have and do use pre-printed patterns. I use #8 pearl cotton to embroider the pieces and have never had a problem with the printed color......I use whatever I want. I do iron a "sheer fusible innerfacing on the back and find that adds a wee bit of stability without stiffness and hides my back threads....it also keeps the sides from fraying.......

Blog Entries
    I often use embroidery thread especially when outlining a fabric design, I have always been happy with it.

My morning fairy was done with embroidery thread see attached.Name:  CIMG0043.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  1.88 MB
    Aussie Carol

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
    Has anyone hand quilted a pre-printed top with embrodiary thread? Were you happpy with it. I have one that is about the color of our regular qb pages(lt lt tan)
    and I would like to do it in brown. All suggestions are welcome.
    I have done a quilted wall hanging using perle cotton embroidery thread and big stitch to get it a "folk art" type of look. I used number 8 perle cotton because I have a lot of it but use what you have.
    quilting with my dogs

Blog Entries
    You did a beautiful job on this little fairy quilt...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2