Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pre wound bobbin?

After doing a larger embroidery design I understand now why you purchase these. But have trouble seeing all these emptys when they are not returnable.
    A separate machine I think called a sidewinder fill the bobbins full like the prewound and where would I get one for a Janome 1100SE?
    Called the dealer but wanted to sell me the prewound.The lady incharge of the sew dept away till Wed.
    Thanks Gale

Blog Entries
    Just make sure that the bobbin winder will work with your brand of bobbins. :wink:
    Also, there is talk that some of the winders do not work well with large cones of thread... One of them has a built in thread stand for these. :D:D:D

I don't think it will work. But, I will try it and see. I have a pfaff and the bobbins from it work. I have a Viking the bobbins do not fit on the Sidewinder. I haven't tried the Brother bobbins. That is what is so nice about prewound bobbins. You don't have to stop at any time to rewind one.....

Blog Entries
    I like the sidewinder and it works for both my Singer and Gem Janome.

I got a sidewinder and some of the bobbins were a little loose when I put them on. So I just put a small piece of scotch tape on the knob and then put the bobbin on and it tightened it up and it worked fine. This was on some viking bobbins.

Quote Originally Posted by grma33
    After doing a larger embroidery design I understand now why you purchase these. But have trouble seeing all these emptys when they are not returnable.
    A separate machine I think called a sidewinder fill the bobbins full like the prewound and where would I get one for a Janome 1100SE?
    Called the dealer but wanted to sell me the prewound.The lady incharge of the sew dept away till Wed.
    Thanks Gale
    hi gale,i use my spare machine to wind my bobbins on.it works great& don't have to buy another winder.
    dar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboat
    I got a sidewinder and some of the bobbins were a little loose when I put them on. So I just put a small piece of scotch tape on the knob and then put the bobbin on and it tightened it up and it worked fine. This was on some viking bobbins.
    Thanks, I'll try that.

I have a seperate bobbing winder for my gammill. I also use it to wind all the bobbins for my other regular machines. I guess it's made by gammill and it is adjustable too ...