Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Precious weekends >

Precious weekends

Precious weekends

Old 12-04-2010, 05:22 AM

It's only 5:15 am here in California and I'm awake and wishing Joann's was open! I need some penguin fabric for a Bow Tucks and some light batiks.

I'm usually up early on my days off because I look forward to having all day to work on my projects. It gets me up and going (after coffee, of course) and adds that little touch of excitement to be able to do something I enjoy so much and look forward to.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 AM

I know what you mean! My hubby loves to sleep in but I get up when I wake up at dawn and just get going. I feel like I waste the day if I don't get something accomplished in the morning.

Happy Holidays :)
Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 AM

I'm with you there on not wanting to 'waste' a minute of a day off. It's amazing that I can stay up late the night before and wake up early on the day off.

Maybe it's the excitement of doing what we WANT to do that helps. :)
Old 12-04-2010, 05:43 AM

Yep... on a weekday when I wake up at 5am I look at the clock and try to go back to sleep because I know that I HAVE to get up at 6:30 and I'm going to be working all day.

On the weekends I know that I can take an afternoon nap if I want to. :D If I happen to sleep in until 7 or 8 I feel like I've wasted half the day.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Banned

Have a fun day sewing :-)
Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 AM
crt

I feel the same way. I don't sew on the weeknights, because by the time I get home from work, have dinner and my shower, all I want to do is flop in the chair. My weekends are the only sewing time I have, for the most part.

I'm teaching a bag class at the LQS today, then tomorrow I hope to finish 2 tablerunners for my boss to give as gifts and a calendar keeper I'm finishing for a friend. Then I have a bag to make for another friend to give her daughter for Christmas.

If I can get all these projects finished, it's back to sewing for ME!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:49 AM

I'm an early bird too usually up by 4:30. I saw numerous penquin christmas fabric. Hopefully, you can find some.
I'm from CA lived there 49 years. Grew up in Danville raising horses. Then when married lived in Vacaville in Solano. My whole family still there. Miss the ocean alot, but not all the people.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!!! :-D
Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 AM

I am not an early bird, but love the quiet of the late evenings when I am home alone and can sew to my hearts content.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Yep... on a weekday when I wake up at 5am I look at the clock and try to go back to sleep because I know that I HAVE to get up at 6:30 and I'm going to be working all day.

On the weekends I know that I can take an afternoon nap if I want to. :D If I happen to sleep in until 7 or 8 I feel like I've wasted half the day.
Me too!If I could stay off this board I would get alot done!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. During the week, I DRAG myself out of bed early to go to work. I look forward to weekends so I can sleep in and then I never do because I have so many things I want to do, I'm up and at it early.

I think it is because it's the things I want to do, don't feel obligated to do.

P.S. We should consider asking the admin to shut the board down for 24 hours and then compare notes about what we were able to make in that time. I bet we would be shocked! I too spend too much time I should be sewing on here but it's addicting!