Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prepped and ready to go......EXCEPT.....

OK, so I have the rainbow quilttop pressed and set aside. Backing is pressed and clipped to the table. One problem...... I don't have the batting! I thought I had all this batting in my closet, but I've been using it. So now this is on hold until I can have my daughter buy me a bag before she comes home tonight. Hopefully it's on sale so I don't lose out using a coupon. I've been a busy beaver lately. Uuuuhhhhh.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully, it will all work out so you can get it finished! :D

Blog Entries
    oh I'm crossing my fingers for you! Hope you get your batting.

Power Poster
    Ohh, don't you hate that! That is one of the reasons I hate that our Walmart got rid of the fabric department. I frequent my LQS but sometimes I need something late at night. Nothing worse than be raring to go and have to stop!

I learned my lesson when this happened at midnight once! I now buy it by the roll with a 40% coupon from Jo-Ann's :).

Blog Entries
    have fun and can't wait to see the finished quilt

Blog Entries
    how much is a roll of batting?

Quote Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts
    I learned my lesson when this happened at midnight once! I now buy it by the roll with a 40% coupon from Jo-Ann's :).

I know the feeling and actually thought the same thing happened to me today. I managed to find a bigger piece of batting in the closet!

I hope you were able to get some today.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    how much is a roll of batting?

Quote Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts

I bought it at the Black Friday sale at Jo-Ann's. I can't remember if it was 40% off or if I used a coupon, but it's 90"x40 yards - about $250. It's Warm and Natural, what I always use for any quilted projects, so it was a great investment for me :). You can order it through the store or online! It will probably take me 1-2 years to go through the whole roll, so I will just go ahead and get another roll on Black Friday this year.

I really like Hobbs Polydown batting and I can buy it by the roll 108" wide by 30 yards long for $150 including tax in Canadian funds. It works out to about $13 for enough batting for a queen sized quilt. Sometimes the bagged stuff is a little cheaper but it's always so wrinkled and hard to get smoother out that I much prefer it on the roll. A roll of W&N would be twice this amount even when on sale at the truckload batting sale (40% off) held by our local LQS once a year.