Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Presser Feet

Help!!! I need to purchase a 1/4" pressure foot with a guide and for the life of me I am just not sure what I should buy. I have an old JCPenney machine 1710, which is not listed on their website or any other for that matter, I bought it new shortly after I got married - my sister took me down to buy her one and I ended up with one also, but I digress, I believe it is what is called a low shank?? but I'm not sure if any of them will fit or not. If somebody out there can help I would be greatly appreciative.

I recently replaced my walking foot for my Viking Rose using this website. They were cheaper than anyone else. I see they have you machine listed with the correct feet.

http://www.sew4less.com/sitemap_prod...9&ModelID=2164

Quote Originally Posted by sewlilly
    Help!!! I need to purchase a 1/4" pressure foot with a guide and for the life of me I am just not sure what I should buy. I have an old JCPenney machine 1710, which is not listed on their website or any other for that matter, I bought it new shortly after I got married - my sister took me down to buy her one and I ended up with one also, but I digress, I believe it is what is called a low shank?? but I'm not sure if any of them will fit or not. If somebody out there can help I would be greatly appreciative.

I purchased a singer one and believe it or not, it fits my Singer, My brother machine and my sisters Old Montgomery wards machine. It appears to be Universial.

I purchased a singer one and believe it or not, it fits my Singer, My brother machine and my sisters Old Montgomery wards machine. It appears to be Universial.

Blog Entries
    Try the Little Foot! It is clear, has markings that make it easy to see when you are at 1/4 from the edge when binding or sewing. I love mine. You can find them lots of places but www.jhittlesewing.com usually has the best prices.

All of you are wonderful! I believe I found what I needed, have it ordered and can't wait for it to get here. Thanks for everything