Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Presser Foot

Does anyone machine quilt with another foot besides a walking foot? I don't own the walking foot. What do you suggest?

Blog Entries
    I have used my 1/4", the standard foot that comes with the machine, and applique foot as well as my walking foot.
    You just need to be aware that even basting well, there can be some shifting of the layers while sewing :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    If you're going to do free motion quilting, you should use a darning type foot for that. If you're going to do stitch in the ditch (SITD), then you really need a walking foot to make sure the fabric is fed evenly on the top and the bottom. Does that help?

Blog Entries
    I have better luck with my regular piecing foot. My machine does not like the walking foot I bought.

I will probably just stich 1/4 inch from seam lines. I just hate to buy the walking foot until I see how I do on my first quilt. I do not have a darning foot for free motion either. Those two foots were optional on my machine.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I prefer my walking foot.

I like my regular piecing foot better, too. I've lost my walking foot now, actually, so I can't say with more experience I would still prefer the regular foot, but it seems to be doing fine for me anyway.

What kind of machine do you own? Many of those walking feet are reasonable to buy. The janome only run around thirty some dollars before tax. And may I say, you will never regret buying the walking foot at any price if you are planning on quilting any amount of quilts, or sewing heavy or plaid fabrics.

I have a Baby Lock Ellure. My husband gave it to me for Christmas. I don't know yet how much quilting I will do. I love to piece, but don't know how the actual quilting will go.

i use darning foot or just my regular foot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast