Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Steam Iron Systems

Pressure Steam Iron Systems

I would like opinions on which pressure steam iron system would be the most reliable. Rowenta makes a couple of model but I don't see great reviews. Does anyone have any experience with the Rowenta or another brand. They are not cheap but I used one at a quilt camp and was amazed at how great they pressed. The one I used was a Rowenta but not sure how old it was or how often it was used.

Euro Steam is one I use and I like it. I also have a Euro-Pro Steam generator but I don't think they sell them anymore. A shame since it was a workhorse

Have you checked out the products from the Reliable Corporation? http://www.reliablecorporation.com/Products/Home-Irons

I don't have a pressure steam iron, but I have their V100 and like it. Previously I had a Rowenta that I loved, but it quickly broke, customer service from their one and only West Coast service center was probably the worst I've ever received in my life, and as a result I no longer buy Rowentas. I had a slight problem with a reconditioned V100 and the Reliable Corporation quickly sent me a new iron. I'm sold on that company's service. Sorry I don't know anything about pressure steam systems though.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have the Velocity by Reliable and when you turn on the steam, it actually roars it steams so much. I also have the Oliso, but I use the Reliable instead because of the good steam.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I like the Sunbeam Steam-Master. Lots of steam, great heat, and a solid iron.
    ~Laura

Wise words from my 7 year old niece: "Aunt Laura, you must think you can't have too much fabric like a pizza can't have too much cheese." Well said, Gracie!

I have a Rowenta Steam Generator. Don't buy the less expensive one, it leaks all over the place. I bought the one that was more and you can fill it while it is on without turning it off. I have not had any leaking problems with it at all. It does make some noise when it pulls water into the steam chamber but I don't mind it. I love the way it presses the fabric.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

Blog Entries
    I have a Rowenta Pressure steam iron (probably one of the older ones) and it works wonderfully, the only problem is that there is a small rubber gasket around the filler cap (came with 3) and I'm on my last one. I haven't been able to find replacements
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    since regular Rowenta irons have been catching fire, i'd think about buying that brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni C View Post
    Euro Steam is one I use and I like it. I also have a Euro-Pro Steam generator but I don't think they sell them anymore. A shame since it was a workhorse
    Toni, I agree with the Euro-Pro steam generator. I had one that I abused till it ave up the ghost on me... I have since started looking for another one and the only one that comes up is the Rowenta and I won't be buying that brand because of the poor reviews.

I have had the rowena one with the separate water vessel for about 6 years and love it. No problems ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast