Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PRICE, PRICE, PRICE

Okay, has any one seen the new prices on fabric out there, or is it to soon? The general chit chat on here was the price of fabric was to go up June 1st. Just curious as I am not near any fabric stores.

I was inmy LQS the other day, and the prices didnt seem higher yet, but at JoAnnes they sure are. I'm in Wis....Havent been to Hobby Lobby or any otherQS recently.

I was in Walmart the other day; haven't been there for about a month -and probably have no reason to go back any time soon. But they have raised their prices; I wouldn' t pay what they had on them before. They have some new fabrics folded on cardboard for $1.50 a yard, but they are so thin I wouldn't use them in a quilt.

our walmart has the $1.50 too, i dont even bother looking at them... but i did notice the better fabric has started going up... not alot, about 50 cents a yard more than before. i was there yesterday.

In the LQS maybe the new fall and winter deliveries will have a price increase. Not looking forward to that. They are high enough already. If you order online between price increase and shipping..Oh no

Was at Joann's last week and the prices were definitely higher. Most are $8.99 and up. Batting was on sale for a good price. I noticed that Joann's is selling batting on small bolts (maybe 10 yards) individually wrapped. Can't remember type or price but this was something new; they had a big bin of this.

Blog Entries
    When I was at Joann's the other day noticed they had raised prices. I haven't been to the LQS (Local Quilt Shops) lately.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    That would mean JoAnn's will give us a larger discount coupon.lol

Blog Entries
    I haven't noticed much of an increase yet... but I do admit I winced when entering the shops, expecting to see big increases LOL

I have noticed an increase. I spoke to my LQS owner and asked her about prices , she told me that the manufactures have increased there prices to her . She also said that she is very reluctant to increase her prices since the economy is so bad.
    Some shops have broken the 10.00 per yard on some fabrics. It seems that around here no shop was going over that $10.00 price but now I am seeing some bolts at $10.00 or $10.50. A few months ago you never saw anything over $9.50.
    Jo Ann certainly has gone up , and what they are calling the premium quilters cottons are still not top notch quality,and they have the ..... to charge $12.99 per yard. Even with a 40 percent off coupon that is still too high for what you are getting. Then when they have a sale on what they call the "keepsake" cottons , these "premium" are not included.
    Hobby Lobby has reduced the amount of quilter cottons over the years , and they used to have sales more frequently.
    But if you notice a few of the "big" on line stores like Hancock of Paducaka is having more sales , but there "base prices on alot of fabrics have gone up. Just got an e- mail for Moda at $4.98 per yard ( big selection).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast