Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pricing for a quilt? >

Pricing for a quilt?

Pricing for a quilt?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 AM

Hi!
A while ago, I posted on the classifieds about red & brown fabric. Then when I was done, I posted a picture of the quilthttp://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42917-1.htm

It was a trade for 2 treadles. She liked the quilt, and wants me to make another one for money.
Any ideas on what to price it for?
Thank you :)
Old 04-26-2010, 06:31 AM

I quilt for friends and the public. If it is a queensize and it was easy and machine pieced. I charge about 325.00.
However most quitlers at our guild charge by taking the width x height and multiplying it by one cent. A little high to me. So it is at your disgression. What time you put in it, who it is for, etc. This is such an opened ended question. In general, I sell twins for 100.00, full for 150., queens for 200, king for 250.00. Maybe that's why I get so much business LOL. YOu can also google it and get more ideas. GOod luck. The quilt was lovely.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 AM

For years, in this area, any craft /handmade (and I include machine piecing and quilting in here) item would sell for 3 times the cost of the materials. This theory allows for the seller to recoup the cost and have funds to make another item to sell. So if the materials for the item cost $100, it would sell for $300. If a quilt pattern is simple the sale price could be reduce; however, if the pattern is time consuming it might be hard to receive much for your time spent making it.