Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Printable Ruler

Blog Entries

A Printable Ruler

Does anyone possibly know where I could find a printable ruler? All 3 of my 12 inch rulers have sprouted legs and walked off (am thinking boys or cats are to blame). My my 3 foot ruler has decided to stay where it's supposed to.

If you don't know where I can find a printable ruler, then do you know where I can find printable square templates? I need the squares in 1.25, 1.5, and 3.5. I'm a creative and artistic person, but drawing straight lines without a ruler or template is not something I'm good at. LOL.

http://peoplepowerpress.org/pages/bu...o-make-buttons I'm sure there are more on the Internet.

Be sure to measure your printed ruler against your yardstick. Sometimes printers don't print to size.

Blog Entries
    Good point. Right now I'm just looking for something smaller than a yard stick to measure things that are less than 6 inches. It's frustrating trying to use a yard stick to make a template for a 1.25" square and my templates tend to wear out fairly quickly despite being made from cardboard.

Do you have an envelope or 3x5 card? You can mark off inches from yardstick onto the card. Then you can use it as bookmark for your pattern when not in use, or put in drawer when your ruler disappears again!

Blog Entries
    Not a bad idea. I have a lot of 3x5 cards floating around my house because we use a lot of index cards in our homeschooling and the boys use them in their yearbooks (school scrapbooks). I wonder why I didn't think of that? Perhaps I should make multiple cards and place one in every drawer in my house, then I'm certain to find atleast one the next time my rulers walk off.

Blog Entries
    All that comes to mind is a piece of graph paper. Most are 4 squares to an inch, so it's pretty easy to draw a shape the proper size you want. If you laminate the piece after cutting it to size, it will last a long time.
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

I wonder why you couldn't print on a clear sheet of plastic in a 'printer' a grid of the size you need and then stick it to the plastic rulers we all have been going to the Lowes & Home Depot to save $$$ and if our home printers are to small go to Office Depot to print bigger sheets of Graffs!! Why NOT?

And remember - a dollar bill is 6 inches in length. Works great when nothing else is handy.

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
    Free online pdf graph paper in all shapes and sizes!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast