Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
printer using  freezerpaper >

printer using freezerpaper

printer using freezerpaper

Old 09-20-2014, 08:03 AM

I have made many copies of fabric on freezer paper and it works well. like has been said, make sure the top edge of the fabric/freezer paper are ironed together very well.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:19 AM

I've been doing printing on fabric and freezer paper for years. In fact I have a dedicated printer for it. It's served me well for many, many years. There is a bubble jet printer solution that you can buy that will make the ink more permanent.
I soak large cuts of muslin in it, dry it, iron it and use it.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:26 AM

I've done it successfully, but not lately. For some reason it doesn't feed well anymore.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:01 AM

Yes, it is very easy to do. Just be sure to treat your fabric first with either Bubble jet or a home made solution first or it will fade when washed. If by chance you have a problem of it jamming in your printer, you can put scotch tape on the top of the fabric (the full width of your fabric) & fold over to the freezer paper. This will stop the jamming.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by honeybee_2000 View Post
I have a deskjet printer from HP. Is it possible to print on freezer paper and fabric or do I need to find a photocopy printer for the fabric? Im wanting to try Hexagon print offs from Inklinkgo.com.
While you´re looking for freezer paper, wash your fabric , it adheres better to the freezer paper.
The iron needs to be very very hot. Iron on fabric side and paper side. Let it cool before printing.
Be sure to read tips on printing on inklingo site.
To be on the safe side, I cut my fabric 1/8 or so shorter than 8 1/2 x 11 so that the printer pulls the paper and I don´t worry about the printer if I have to pull out jammed material; its the only way to release a jam, any jam.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:26 PM

I have an HP printer and iron fabric to freezer paper for Inklingo all the time. For special sizes I print on the not shiny side, iron my fabric on the shiny side over the printed section imwant to print. The paper needs to be the size of your printer paper, but you can iron your fabric on the paper anywhere you want it. The ink will wipe off of the shiny side where you don't have fabric. I use each piece of freezer paper at least 15 times. When it doesn't stick well anymore i replace it.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by honeybee_2000 View Post
I have a deskjet printer from HP. Is it possible to print on freezer paper and fabric or do I need to find a photocopy printer for the fabric? Im wanting to try Hexagon print offs from Inklinkgo.com.
Is that the correct URL for the link? I've tried several times and it won't open for me.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:01 PM

You can even buy freezer paper cut to 8 1/2 x 11 to use in a printer. Here is a link to one such product on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...YGMZ6RY5V2SARA

I've used it when I didn't have time to fuss with unrolling the paper and cutting it to size.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Is that the correct URL for the link? I've tried several times and it won't open for me.
I use inklingo for years. www.inklingo dot com
There´s a lot of information on the site, a group on yahoo and a blog.
And no, the freezer paper does not need to be 8 1/2 x 11.
It prints on small pieces depending on the shape, size and patch quantity you need.
The star below requires 6 diamonds that were printed on a 7.5 x 8.0 sheet.
After you get the hang of the process it is very rewarding for hand piecing.
I´m a happy customer.
Attached Thumbnails ink_star1_small.jpg  

Last edited by ligia; 09-20-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:46 AM

I have printed on freezer paper. I did find I had to use that temporary basting spray to keep the edges of the fabric attached. It is such a waste when the fabric comes loose when it is being printed on. I have also found that having a printer that feeds from the top works better. When it feeds from the bottom it has to turn a sharp corner and can peel the fabric from the freezer paper. I keep writing to the printer manufacturers and asking them to make printers that feed from the top. I love the results of printing on fabric. There are good posts on this board about the process.
Lynda