Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Ruby" my new toy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22ruby%22-my-new-toy-t90292.html)

topper1 01-15-2011 12:17 PM

i have vikings, 1plus, designer 1,and 435 prelude, love them all......................happy sewing on fantastic machine ....kiss hubby at least twice...ha

ldrussell 01-15-2011 01:04 PM

Congrats on the ruby I have a SE you'll love it.

KarylMc 01-15-2011 03:41 PM

Congratulations!
I got my Ruby in October...SO much to learn! I love love love her! You will love quilting on her (in the hoop!) It is so pretty! I also made some embroidered Christmas gifts this year..they really looked nice!

I have not gotten the 5D Software yet (like the Ruby owner above, will probably get the Extra rather than Pro...)

What are you going to spend your Viking Bucks on? :-)

If you need suggestions, here are a few things I have gotten that are now indispensible... GET the acrylic extension table! They were on back order and mine just came in last week. What a difference in piecing and quilting. So much easier. Also, a walking foot. ("Dual Feed") I got the extra foot with the Stitch in the Ditch guide too. (although my ditches are more like witches!)
HV has some lovely quilt block stitch designs that you can purchase in packs. I got 2 of them and have used stitch designs from both packs.
hmmm...$550 Viking Bucks? after all the above, you still have $ left!
How about a Quilter's 200x200 hoop? My dealer gave me one when I bought Ruby and it is the only one I have used for quilting. Also comes with some very pretty quilt block stitch designs.

I think I spent all your Viking money.... oops sorry!

Enjoy your Ruby! Mine is my new best friend. I think my husband is jealous! ;-}

sentra 01-15-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by pamesue
wow...congrats...I keep thinking about th diamond...but the cost is holding me back...my D1 works fine.

I started out on a Topaz 20, went to classes and saw what the Designer Diamond will do. A lady in class had one and
I was stunned. Later that week, went back and traded in
my Topaz for the Diamond. LOVE IT !!! That RUBY is a
nice one too.

mmonohon 01-15-2011 04:59 PM

Congrats!

purplefiend 01-15-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by sentra

Originally Posted by pamesue
wow...congrats...I keep thinking about th diamond...but the cost is holding me back...my D1 works fine.

I started out on a Topaz 20, went to classes and saw what the Designer Diamond will do. A lady in class had one and
I was stunned. Later that week, went back and traded in
my Topaz for the Diamond. LOVE IT !!! That RUBY is a
nice one too.

I used to sell Husqvarna Viking machines, I've sewn on all the embroidery machines, I think I like the Diamond the best.
Sharon

smiles 01-15-2011 05:01 PM

You & Ruby will spend many happy hours together, enjoy

wvdek 01-15-2011 05:05 PM

What a wonderful gift you have given yourself. Make sure you take time to enjoy "her" and take the lessons for sure. You will need down time after the season is over.

moonwolf47 01-15-2011 08:05 PM

Congrats on getting Ruby!

cheryl rearick 01-16-2011 11:26 AM

So happy for you.... like Christmas all over again. I have a Viking, bought (lol) 35 years ago. Do you know I still love my machine? No fancy stuff like most have, only been in shop once, I think she will see me to the end. I must say it's a great machine (I think) are they still all metal? Enjoy your new gal...