Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Tigger" fabric???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22tigger%22-fabric-t72746.html)

misseva 10-28-2010 11:07 AM

i vote for telling her to buy the fabric herself and discussing how much it will cost for you to make it.

dforesee 10-28-2010 11:09 AM

I've seen Tigger fabric and both Hancock's and Walmart, but it's been a while.

AlienQuilter 10-28-2010 11:13 AM

I vote also for her buying the fabric. She needs to decide on the pattern and if you don't have it, she needs to buy it for you. You might volunteer to go with her to the LQS, or sit down with you at the computer. Once she sees how much everything costs, she just may change her mind!

Dragonfly Nana 10-28-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
i vote for telling her to buy the fabric herself and discussing how much it will cost for you to make it.

A third vote for this.

craftyone27 10-28-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by salemmm
My DH just called from work- and volunteered my quilting services to a co-worker. She would like a full sized bed quilt featuring only Tigger- from Whinnie the Pooh. Does anyone know how I would go about finding some specific fabric like this???? Don't you just love it when someone signs you up for something w/o asking first????? Thanks for your help. Also don't know what I'd charge

Hmm - must be the day for it - my husband came home early from work and asked if I could make another baby quilt for a girl at work who is going on maternity leave in Dec. The trouble is I'm working on one right now and have a throw to make for his dad for Christmas as well as a tablerunner I have to sandwich and quilt for my DM. Not sure what I will do yet - depends on how my other projects come along. It is the first time my DH has done this and he IS encouraging me to quilt-lol.

sall 10-28-2010 11:20 AM

I would most definitely tell her to get the fabric herself, and make her realise how much it will cost, or as suggested give her the web sites where she can buy it

salemmm 10-28-2010 11:26 AM

Thanks for all your comments--- found out she is in no hurry and saw one at the Disney store for around $250... probably what it would cost her if I made it. I found a few fat quarters and material on ebay-- but not so easy since she wanted Tigger ONLY. I'll wait til hubby relays my comments to her. Thanks again

UCHSCPSYCH 10-28-2010 11:28 AM

If you have a Hobby Lobby where you live, Tigger is a staple with them and it isn't very expensive. Jean's Country Store on the internet (or maybe e-bay) has all kinds of licensed fabric.

luvspaper 10-28-2010 05:05 PM

Many years ago, I used a coloring book and made raw edged appliqued Tigger (But the quilt also had Pooh, Piglet and a honey pot)..... It actually wasn't too difficult becuase the pieces ended up being rather large. He was dropping from the sky with a bunch of balloons tied around his waist.

I have a picture, but it has been misplaced in the move....when I find it, I need to scan it!

But it's an idea....

squeakie 10-29-2010 05:49 AM

i just found the cutes tigger only fabric at hobby lobby, but make sure you let her pay for the fabric before you buy it and it might change her mind...