Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Tigger" fabric???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22tigger%22-fabric-t72746.html)

Butterflyblue 10-29-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Hmm - must be the day for it - my husband came home early from work and asked if I could make another baby quilt for a girl at work who is going on maternity leave in Dec. The trouble is I'm working on one right now and have a throw to make for his dad for Christmas as well as a tablerunner I have to sandwich and quilt for my DM. Not sure what I will do yet - depends on how my other projects come along. It is the first time my DH has done this and he IS encouraging me to quilt-lol.

When my husband wants me to do something for someone that I'm not personally eager to make a quilt for, I make him buy the fabric, and I estimate generously how much fabric I need, so I can keep the leftovers. Depends on what way you guys deal with your money whether that would work for you or not, I guess.

leamelon 10-29-2010 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If u decide u want to do this u should suggest that she find the fabric, I made one for a friend last year and as previously stated all the pooh char were on the fabric

wildyard 10-29-2010 05:40 PM

I know the Tigger only fabric is out there cuz I have a piece somewhere. Hmm, unless I recently gave it to my SIL for baby quilting. Anyway, it can be found. Hugs and smiles. My DH would be in deep doodoo if he ever made a commitment for me without talking to me about it first, LOL. And if he did that the D wouldn't mean dear. LOL.

Annaquilts 10-29-2010 05:42 PM

HmmmDH agreed to it so maybe he should make it. LOL

wildyard 10-29-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
HmmmDH agreed to it so maybe he should make it. LOL

LOL, well said!!

the real misfit 10-30-2010 06:52 PM

i had picked up material from walmart that had tigger winnie the pooh and the little donkey on it . it was a very nice blue background i used it on a baby quilt for a little boy i know they had other winnie the pooh fabrics too you might want to check there they where very cute prints

quiltmaker 10-31-2010 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
What you're looking for would be made by Springs Industries. So you could search on that. However... I think that all the fabrics that have Tigger would also have Pooh and maybe other characters. So you would have to look for something that lends itself to fussy-cutting probably.

Yes, I believe this is correct.....it is basically impossible to find a fabric like this with only one character without purchasing excessive yards to fussy cut. Maybe your husband would enjoy quilting this for her. After 37 years of marriage neither myself or my husband would commit each other to something without discussing it between ourselves before we would commit to another person. Also you need to let her know exactly how much materials alone (fabrics, thread, batting & backing) would cost and your fees for your services before you even begin to start this project.

amma 10-31-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
What you're looking for would be made by Springs Industries. So you could search on that. However... I think that all the fabrics that have Tigger would also have Pooh and maybe other characters. So you would have to look for something that lends itself to fussy-cutting probably.

This is what I have found to be true. DD loves tigger and it is really difficult to find him without the others :(