Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   18" Tin Lizzie or 24" Handi Quilter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/18-tin-lizzie-24-handi-quilter-t167733.html)

ncredbird 11-12-2011 06:51 AM

I have tested both machines and if I could afford it I would go with the Fusion. It moved like butter. Ann in TN

Jan in FL 11-12-2011 06:53 AM

Thanks to everyone for your help! And you truly did help...we just got off the phone with my LQS where I just purchased a demo - 24" Fusion Handi Quilter complete with a 12' frame! I pick her up on Tuesday!

DebraK 11-12-2011 10:51 AM

Congratulations! You are going to love it!

Annaquilts 11-12-2011 03:01 PM

Woohoo! enjoy.

Originally Posted by Jan in FL (Post 4669956)
Thanks to everyone for your help! And you truly did help...we just got off the phone with my LQS where I just purchased a demo - 24" Fusion Handi Quilter complete with a 12' frame! I pick her up on Tuesday!

LyndaOH 11-12-2011 03:08 PM

Congratulations! I would love to hear about your experiences learning to use it. I'm considering purchasing one but I'm scared of the learning curve.

Enjoy!

quilterella 11-13-2011 02:37 AM

The largest I have done so far was a 110" bargello. I admit, it was a bit large to load by myself, but, I did it and had it quilted all in a matter of about 8 hrs(including interruptions and a coffee break). Now that I am familiar with the Lizzie, I don't struggle at all. I have three steps before I even start and it works well. Clean and oil machine. Wind bobbins, and check/double check bobbin tensions. Have lots of tunes playing in the background and have FUN.

cgroark 11-14-2011 03:35 AM

HQ Fusion

Originally Posted by Jan in FL (Post 4667808)
Is a 18" x 8" longarm enough to do any quilt with a 12' frame? My wonderful husband has narrowed it down to this or a 24" x 9" Fusion Handi Quilter with a 12' frame. I would love the larger machine but the price makes me want the Tin Lizzie. We are looking at used ones - pros and cons to both - the biggest being about $3000 price difference. My husband doesn't want me to need to upgrade in a couple of years but is the 24" overkill? Can you easily do what you need to on a large size king quilt with an 18" x 8"? Assume most of the time it will be cotton batting in my quilts....I really need help before taking the final step.

I just updated from HQ 16 to the Fusion in July. Best decision ever. It is so smooth. I also purchased the Pro-Stitcher which is so easy to use. I previously had the HQ16 with Qbot. Loved that set-up, too, but the new one is sooooo superior.

suezquilts 11-14-2011 06:00 AM

I pm'd you, but after reading I see you made your purchase. Enjoy. Learning to LA is a great deal of fun. So relax and enjoy the ride!
Sue

QuiltNama 11-14-2011 06:20 AM

The only way you will be completely happy with your choice is to try them out. It's like buying a car with test driving. Both have nice features.