Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2 AM thoughts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2-am-thoughts-t27964.html)

Pzazz 10-31-2009 09:50 AM

Why is it that our brains sometimes "turn on" in the wee hours? DH and I were out to a party last night, so late to bed. 2 AM I wake up and can't shut off the thinking. However...this WAS productive thinking. We have wanted to bring my treadle indoors from the garage, but needed to find a place for it. I found one!!!! In one of our hurry-up-and-get-it-done days, we stacked up some shelving just inside the front door. (And you gotta know this has bugged "Ms Monk" ever since!!!!!) So...the shelving is going out, and the treadle in. YAY!!! I will be able to sit either looking out the front window while I sew, or swing it 90° and watch the boob tube. Now, to find where that project goes on the priority list. I think even I will agree that the new gutters do need to be higher on the list.....but not much higher. hehehe

littlehud 10-31-2009 06:05 PM

Great ideas sometimes come to me in the middle of the night too. I'm glad you found a spot for your machine.

tlrnhi 10-31-2009 10:38 PM

My brain still goes while I'm sleeping, so hubby says.
Maybe that's why I only sleep about 4 hours a night....

krabadan 11-01-2009 04:28 AM

I have trouble shutting my head off too. I tried listening to an audio book. It works great

marsye 11-01-2009 04:50 AM

Its the only time to figure things out! Nobody is bothering you at that time. :lol:

Newby0709 11-01-2009 05:07 AM

My to-do list get much longer in the wee hours because there are no interruptions. Now if I can live long enough to do a few of them. LOL

ranger 11-01-2009 05:36 AM

Yeah, I'm one of those who sometimes wakes at odd hours with my brain going full tilt. Glad your night-time musings were productive.

ranger

Love your reference to 'Ms.Monk'...I sometimes use the same title to refer to myself.

Mousie 11-01-2009 06:42 AM

who is MsMonk lol?

my quilting brain, rarely shuts completely off, either. If it does, it's usually bc I am knocked out from something I ate off my doctors, NO-NO list. (allergies and intorances) :?
I have woke to a great color combo idea...a pattern, or a song, I am making up in my sleep.
Music is often running in there while the little meeces are a working, while I'm trying to catch some zzz's.
What I don't enjoy is the rare time, (rare, now), is when I would wake DH with my talking...BIG MOUTH, he doesn't need to know who you drool after! :lol:

Pzazz 11-01-2009 07:10 AM

"Ms Monk".....there was a program on TV called "Monk". Short version....Monk had OCD....and of course the show played it up in comical ways. So...my DH teases me about "being Monk".

And yes...I agree, our sleeptalk should be private!!! LOL

butterflywing 11-01-2009 12:23 PM

i can't sew on my treadle machine. the table is so low i get a backache and there's really not enough room for my knees to get comfortable. also, the treadle interferes with good placement of the foot pedal. i don't know how you girls do it.

i moved my prettiest one to my living room and use it as a serving table, protected by glass. i have three bases in my basement that my daughter and i don't want to use, so i'll use them for bases for better tables (the tops are SHOT and they never had drawers - even the dealers don't want them. they are totally unattractive and are not from anyone i know. but the bases are very nice.) i think one base on each side, sideways and a decent sized table will be useful as a coffee table or something, and i'll enjoy using the bases. the third one can have a small top and be a lamp table for the guest room. you can't keep everything just because it's old. (when i'm 90 i'll be sorry i said that :roll: )