Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 Quilting Goals (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-quilting-goals-t209391.html)

DonnaR 12-27-2012 11:13 AM

2013 Quilting Goals

Hi everyone:

I am making a list of my quilting goals for 2013. I plan to visit it in 6 months and see how I am doing and again at the end of the year.

My goals:

Finish 6 UFO's (I am trying to be realistic and not say finish ALL UFO's)

Improve my FMQ skills on my longarm (I am taking classes in January)

Learn a new quilting technique

Have more fun with my piecing and quilting

Make more time to be with my quilting friends.

I felt these goals were possible to achieve in 2013. What are your goals for this coming year.

Quiltngolfer 12-27-2012 11:23 AM

I will join you. I would like to 1)complete 6 UFO's, 2) improve my SID quilting skills, 3) begin FMQ, and 4) learn a new piecing technique(appliqué). I didn't do so well on my list last year so I vow to do better this year. This is a manageable list. Thanks for getting me started. I'm going to type up this list and put it up in my sewing room.

kathymarie 12-27-2012 12:47 PM

Sounds good....I want to finish one ufo per month....starting with the baby quilt for my first grandson who just turned one year old....yep-----been putting off finishing it and now grandson number 2 is coming in February 2013! Also, I want to practice fmq a little each day....I think that's the ONLY way to get really, really good at it. I've been a hand-quilter for 36 years but starting fmq'ing a little over a year ago----Gung ho at first then not so much. I follow Leah Day's blog and also found another great fmq teacher Patsy Thompson, patsern on youtube..... My last goal is to not buy any more fabric but use what I have....I turn 60 next Sunday and I think I might actually have enough to do me---at least for a decade! lol

Marycumi 12-27-2012 12:54 PM

Sounds good. Here are my goals for 2013
1. Make at least one quilt a month out of my stash for the Project Linus
2. Make a quilt for a niece and nephew.
3. Take more classes at my LQS.

Juliebelle 12-27-2012 01:23 PM

I am planning to get 10 quilts done for Project Linus this year, last year I did 6 and I still have tons of cut stash to make a lot more. Also I want to spend more time practicing my quilting, I usually only use the even feed foot on my Janome 6600 but I want and need to learn to use the free motion feet.

quilts4charity 12-27-2012 01:25 PM

The only goal I have is to finish all my cousins a quilt, I started last year but bad knee surgery put me way behind....I will get it done hopefully by the end of this year...other than that just whatever I feel like doing...

twoxover 12-27-2012 01:31 PM

great idea! for 2013--
I'd like to commit to quilting/piecing at least two hours a week. I know for many of you, you'll laugh...but this past year has been hell. I work full time, have a family, have pets, ride my horse competitively, so that means riding 5-6days/7 and my dad had not been well. I lost him on 12/5. So rather than make clearly defined "i will make this, or learn this", i'd like to committ to doing some thing related to quilting two hours/week.

Betsey

mcfay 12-27-2012 01:45 PM

I have a paper pieced mariners star I started back in 2009. I have enough of them pieced to make a large lap/throw quilt. I plan on getting them sewn together and quilted. I also have to make my hubby a quilt. I've already bought the fabric and he's picked the pattern. That has to be first on my list, because I promised it to him for our anniversary which is Feb. 1st.

s3wn 12-27-2012 01:47 PM

I'd like to finish the quilts from the kits I have; work only from stash as much as possible, make a Christmas tree skirt, and buy a new machine by the end of the year :D

JulieR 12-27-2012 02:10 PM

This is a great idea, and so neat to see others' goals!
I'd like to complete a hand-pieced and hand-quilted quilt this year, and to practice applique with some new patterns. I'd also like to make a few quilts to sell this year, but that's pretty low on the list.