Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

Sapphire_Rae 03-02-2013 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For my March UFO, I pulled out blocks that i did years ago (happy to say, my sewing skills have improved!). My goal this month is to put these together and finish a quilt for me.

Emma S 03-02-2013 07:26 AM

Lynda Rae: Lovely blocks! Funny about the quilting skills comment, I am finding the same thing, its like being in a time machine. Guess we should be encouraged. Your fabric choices are still very much "in", I am finding some of mine a little dated.

Skratchie 03-02-2013 07:58 AM

I didn't finish a February project because of machine issues. I have a new machine now and getting started on quilting the churn dash/monkey wrench quilt I made for DH. Cannot wait to get that one done! Should have a worthy March post though. :-)

SandyinZ4 03-02-2013 08:23 AM

March goals??? I don't like goals at this stage of my life but I think I still have them. Need to get backing finished for my Americana quilt; put my section of blocks onto the quilt our guild is doing for our fundraiser for our retreat and get my two swap projects finished by the 15th. One down-one to go. I have so many things to do I will never be bored...or finished. Probably like most of you. Hopefully pictures coming by end of month. :-)

Shadowirish 03-02-2013 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For March... Stack and Whack Halloween, OK I can do this! Just ordered the black batting. Want to do this one as QAYG and use a spiderweb pattern on the blocks. Never done a QAYG that has blocks to put together...this will be another learning experience....and I'll have lots of time since my boss decided that I should retire next week instead of mid June. Thank you very much mister Boss, wasn't really planning on reducing my income this soon!

J.M. 03-03-2013 07:11 AM

All of my rows for my Irish Chain quilt are done! *Does a little happy dance* I'm now going to be spending the rest of the Sunday attaching rows in sets of 2. No clue how long I'll take to get one set done - but I'm hoping that by the end of the month I'll at least have connected all of my rows in sets of 2 (and 1 set of 3). So that's my March quilting goal. (If I'm really optimistic I'd say my March goal is to put all the rows together, but I think that's asking for too much time :D)

QuilterMomma 03-04-2013 01:33 PM

Yeah! I at least have the Denver Bronco Blocks sewn. Now to get it on the design wall and assembled. Not sure of how I want to do this part so going to play with it and have to look at it a bit. I did get the cancer quilt quilted yesterday and put another one and a needle broke which ripped the fabric. Had to call the customer to get the fabric to replace that little piece. It is a 6" Maple Leaf Block. When you sew them next to each other those seams get pretty thick. Thank goodness she was very understanding and had the fabric. Now to repair it and finish quilting.

Jacki 03-05-2013 01:39 AM

Thanks QM - now I know why I don't get things finished - I don't have a design wall! I've always thought of it in much the same way as one of those ovens on the wall - a permanenent reminder that there's not much happening. However, I think the time has come so that's a project in itself. Just back from Berlin where quilting fabric was twice the price paid in UK and about three times your price. March project on course to meet deadline.

Lara122 03-05-2013 04:44 AM

Jacki, my design wall was a gift from my sweet cousin, who also quilts. It really is indispensable! She knew how badly I needed one, when I didn't! I was using a piece of tri-fold posterboard from a kid's project, with a sheet draped over it! I was making a Duke quilt out of leftovers from a rail fence Duke quilt, and building those blocks, and fitting them together . . . it was a mess! I had to pin everything up, and if anyone just brushed by that thing . . well. I hugged my cousin tightly, you can imagine!

Treat yourself to one, you won't be sorry!

gramajo 03-05-2013 04:52 AM

I use an old king sized fleece mattress pad for mine. Have it nailed up on the wall. It works well.