Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

irishrose 03-05-2013 04:48 PM

Using the Bronco fabric for the cornerstones gives another secondary pattern similar to a Irish Chain so I wouldn't use anything else.

Fraew 03-05-2013 07:14 PM

I also like the blue sashing and orange cornerstones as they compliment the blocks and make the blocks the focus.

QuilterMomma 03-06-2013 08:21 AM

Thank you ladies for your help. I will go with the blue for the sashing and the orange for the zinger. I did not look at the broncos as cornerstone in the view of the Irish Chain, but now I see that. As long as it does not look to busy I think will work well. I am going to try and map out a little sunburst type of block and sew it together and place it to see if I like that. If not, will be sticking with the bronco cornerstone.

Gramajo, my neighbor says thank you for the support to do what he needs to do.

The Hatfields called me last night wondering why I had my Steelers Terrible Towel hanging in my window. Told them it is because I have bronco fabric on my design wall and I needed to remind them of the better team. Yep, I am in trouble now. When done with this quilt, I will take it down. Have a great day ladies and will post a photo in the completed UFO thread when done so you may see it.

gramajo 03-06-2013 08:36 AM

Your neighbor is very welcome. I appreciate what all the miltary is doing for our country.

LOL on the Steelers towel in the window.

Anxious to see your finished quilt.

jcrow 03-06-2013 08:48 AM

I have lots of PIGs and UFO and WIPs and will try and do one a month. I belong to quite a few BOMs and am way behind in my BOMs and will try and catch up in my BOMs. I have been sick since the first of February, so I have lots to catch up on. I am soooooooo in!!!!

QuilterMomma 03-08-2013 08:08 AM

So I still had to do something else with the cornerstones. My boss made up the block I wanted this morning for the secondary design I want to try for the cornerstones. Hopeful I can make them up with little to no difficulty. Yep, going to use templates.

Also, just had to irritate the McCoys one more shot. I put my terrible towel on the design wall with the blocks and posted on facebook so he would see the steeler fabric involved. Will let you know how it goes. LOL

gramajo 03-08-2013 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5913960)
Also, just had to irritate the McCoys one more shot. I put my terrible towel on the design wall with the blocks and posted on facebook so he would see the steeler fabric involved. Will let you know how it goes. LOL

QuilterMomma, You are an instigator! LOL

QuilterMomma 03-08-2013 09:33 AM

Yes, yes I am for sure.

lovingmama 03-08-2013 01:10 PM

I need help, I do believe I'm the basket case and need therapy really bad!
I'm not kidding, I'm pretty sure after you read, what I have to say, I'm not even allowed to join this thread. :eek:

I do not have one UFO, I'll finish mine, love to see the faces of the receivers of the quilts, light up.

I do have one, yes I admit one WIP. It is a Block of the month and will take me until next Feb. to complete it. Does this still qualify me to stay on this thread? :o

Therapy is badly needed, my fellow quilters don't even like me ( NOT true). :(

Well I enjoyed reading all the post, and will stay on. What do they say, there is hope for everyone. May be one day I'll be a real quilter and have UFO's to finish and many WIP's.

Until then I'll try my best,

keep your machines purring and your creativity flowing!

QuilterMomma 03-08-2013 01:50 PM

OMG lovingmama, we all wish we were on your basket case. We are not even sure how we got this way. At least I am. I want to get to that point where I only have a couple of WIPs. Great job! So join in with us so we have the encouragement to finish what we started.