Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2nd Guessing Myself Now on Quilt Name (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2nd-guessing-myself-now-quilt-name-t68441.html)

EmsMom 10-05-2010 09:22 AM

I just got told on another board my quilt name didn't "sound" like a "quilt name" so now I am 2nd guessing myself. The fabrics are shades of pink and the main fabric on front is hot pink with little black dresses on mannequins on it. That particular fabric is very glittery. I decided to go a different route (other than pink in the title) because the quilt is for my daughter and I am making it while she is away at outdoor school as a surprise. All the kids get nicknames at the camp and my daughter's nickname given to her by the counselor was Glitter LOL I just thought it was a great coincidence and wanted to have Glitter in the title.

So I posted on this other forum a selection of five names:

1. Glitter
2. Glitz & Glitter
3. Glitter & Glitz
4. Glam & Glitter
5. Glitter & Glam

someone else suggested: Glitz, Glitter & Glam

Anyway -- I wasn't quite sure what the person meant by it didn't "sound" like a "quilt name" . . . ???

franie 10-05-2010 09:24 AM

All would work--I like them all from the description of the quilt and your daughter's nick.

Judy Gail 10-05-2010 09:26 AM

There are no quilt police. I like "Glitz, Glitter & Glam."

Judy

cathyvv 10-05-2010 09:26 AM

So exactly what does a quilt name sound like?

As with all things, beauty is in the eye (in this case, ear) of the beholder.

Sadiemae 10-05-2010 09:26 AM

I don't know what they mean either. I think any of the names are great. I kind of like Glitz, Glitter & Glam.

EmsMom 10-05-2010 09:29 AM

Thanks! I am not sure what a "quilt name sounds" like either LOL I thought you just named them from your heart.

Judy LOL I am glad there are no quilt police or apparently I would be in jail right now!!

Thanks for helping me also decide the name --

Glitz, Glitter & Glam!!!

cathyvv 10-05-2010 09:30 AM

We'd bust you out...

EasyPeezy 10-05-2010 09:32 AM

Sounds like you you met with the quilt police there. Any of the names you
chose would be fine. It's your quilt and you can name it whatever you want.

EmsMom 10-05-2010 09:39 AM

I think so EasyPeezy. I think she was upset cuz I had asked for help with names and I didn't choose a "pink" inspired name. I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone. Like I said earlier, I just decided to go a different route after I found out what nickname the counselor gave my daughter.

Too emotional right now LOL Missing my daughter since she is away.

MadQuilter 10-05-2010 10:03 AM

I like Glitter and Glam - sounds rich and fun. I wouldn't put any emphasis on that "not sounding like a quilt name" comment. Whoever said that probably would call it the pink quilt with mannequins for [name]

It's supposed to be creative and fun. U go girl!