Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   3-D pinwheel quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/3-d-pinwheel-quilt-t189546.html)

Earleen 05-20-2012 03:26 PM

3-D pinwheel quilt

Made a 3-D pinwheeel quilt top with blue pinwheels and Thomas the train blocks, then blue with dinasores on the back. Took to baby shower yesterday and she opened the package and said another blanket with dinasores, and replaced in bag. She did not even unfold or open it. I was not such a happy camper. Guess I will get over it.

auntpiggylpn 05-20-2012 03:33 PM

Oh snap!!! One of my favorite parts of making and gifting a quilt is the reaction from the person who gets it. Sometimes it is such a let down when they aren't as excited about our handiwork as we are.

LindaM49 05-20-2012 03:37 PM

I would have said...oh, but it's not a blanket. It's a quilt that I made especially for the new baby. Then see what reaction she had.

faykilgore 05-20-2012 03:42 PM

Where's the picture? I want to see it. I love 3D pinwheels. We'll appreciate your hard work!

Jingle 05-20-2012 03:42 PM

I think I would accidently picked it up when I got ready to leave and take it home. With a reaction like that she didn't deserve it.

Monroe 05-20-2012 03:53 PM

Ouch! That is just plain rude. I know when I give something away it's no longer mine, but sometimes it's hard not to at least expect a decent reaction. A 3D pinwheel is on my bucket list, and I'd love it if you'd post a pic if you have one.

DogHouseMom 05-20-2012 04:18 PM

I hate when that happens. I don't always expect gushing (but it's nice when it happens), but at least expect an acknowledgement of effort for a hand-made item.

I had a new mom open a gift - a blanket and complete outfit hand knitted - and say "what ... no money?"

I feel your pain.

hopetoquilt 05-20-2012 05:03 PM

The receiver doesn't need to jump for joy but "thank you" is appropriate for any gift. I would have been annoyed with that reaction if I had just given a few store bought outfits or an item off the registry.

Too bad you did not get the reaction it deserved.

Arleners 05-20-2012 05:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I feel your pain. I made a quilt for a woman I know to celebrate the adoption of a new baby who is named Genevieve Rose. I picked a rose colored theme. I thought it came out great. She barely looked at it and told me how she avoids pink as a stereotypical color for girls. I have never received even a halfhearted thank you. As a matter of fact the other day I was talking to her and mentioned the quilting class I teach and she said to me "Oh you quilt? You should talk to ------ she is into that too."

sigh.

Earleen 05-21-2012 06:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by faykilgore (Post 5230815)
Where's the picture? I want to see it. I love 3D pinwheels. We'll appreciate your hard work!

Pictures of the 3-D pinwheel quilt[ATTACH=CONFIG]337126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]337128[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]337129[/ATTACH]