Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Advise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-advise-t58498.html)

Happy Tails 08-08-2010 05:38 PM

I need some advise from those of you who bought the Accuquilt. What dies do you recommend to start out with?? When you buy the die does the mat come too or do you buy them separate??? Now that you bought it, do you really love it? Is it worth the investment?? Please help me grrrr I'm so confused.

Candace 08-08-2010 05:43 PM

I was just about ready to buy the Studio when it went off sale on the website. Talk about Grrrr. So now I have to wait until it's on sale again:<

CarrieAnne 08-08-2010 05:53 PM

I just have the go. Yes, I love it, only wish there were more dies for it. There are ALOT for the Studio, not as many for the Go, but I could never have afforded the Studio!

wolph33 08-08-2010 06:17 PM

Hi,I have the studio and a lot of dies.I do not use it nearly as much as I thought I would.If I had a do over I would not get one-it works good just do not use it much-I could have gotten a lot of fabric for what it cost-lol

grammo013 08-08-2010 06:36 PM

I use my Studio alot. The GO is not gauranteed for life and the studio is. Worth the extra cost. It is steel and will hold up for a really long time. GO is plastic and looks really flimsy next to a studio.

The 2 1/2" die is a must. I use my triangles and squares a lot. I will buy more strip dies as they go on sell.

Candace 08-08-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by grammo013
I use my Studio alot. The GO is not gauranteed for life and the studio is. Worth the extra cost. It is steel and will hold up for a really long time. GO is plastic and looks really flimsy next to a studio.

The 2 1/2" die is a must. I use my triangles and squares a lot. I will buy more strip dies as they go on sell.

The Studio on sale was $100 off...now I'm kicking myself. And I'm like you, I really like the lifetime guarantee.

Prism99 08-08-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
I need some advise from those of you who bought the Accuquilt. What dies do you recommend to start out with?? When you buy the die does the mat come too or do you buy them separate??? Now that you bought it, do you really love it? Is it worth the investment?? Please help me grrrr I'm so confused.

I have the Accuquilt Go! and like it. Had thought I would want the Studio, but the Studio requires dedicated space to leave it set up; the Go! folds up and stores in a small space in my closet when I'm not using it.

The Go! comes with a multi-cut die and mat. When you buy additional dies, you need to buy the corresponding size mat separately.

I have seen the Go!, dies and mats on sale for 50% off (recent JoAnn's sale online). At that price, or at 40% off suggested manufacturer's price, I think it is a good long-term investment. I think it becomes much more questionable in terms of worth if you pay full-price.

BellaBoo 08-08-2010 07:32 PM

I thought I'd buy the Go and later buy the Studio if I used it a lot. I'm happy with the Go and have no need for the Studio after all. I don't do mass cuttings and I don't loan my Go out to others. It's very well made. The mats are sold separately but they last a long time. I'm still using the same mats I started out with. I like the Tumbler die. I have all the dies except the rag quilt die and some of the appliqué dies. Those don't interest me. I pre ordered all the new dies. To me the Go and dies are like fabric. I may not use it everyday but it's there when I want to use it. In no time I can have all the shapes cut I need for a quilt and no cutting mistakes. There are many videos on youtube showing tips and tricks to use the dies to get more shapes from them. I would buy it again and I did. I bought one for DD.

lisainmo 08-08-2010 07:41 PM

Where is the best place to purchase this?

OneMoreQuilt 08-08-2010 07:45 PM

I have the Studio and love it. I have never regretted the purchase. I decided to get the Bread and Butter starter set and have added other dies as I needed them or when they go on sale. I now have other quilters who have me cut pieces for them. The cuts are quick, easy and precise.