Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   AccuQuilt baby or no?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-baby-no-t148145.html)

LLWinston44 08-26-2011 06:53 PM

Hi,

I have been eyeballing these so much that I'm not sure if I really want it, or if I just think I do!! Lol. Help me!! Is it worth the money!?!?
Or rather, will I get my money's worth!?

hopetoquilt 08-26-2011 06:55 PM

My suggestion is to really look through all the dies and decide which ones you definitely want. The baby can only be used with some of the dies. Use that info to help decide if you want a "go" or a "baby".

Shop around. prices vary widely.

LLWinston44 08-26-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
My suggestion is to really look through all the dies and decide which ones you definitely want. The baby can only be used with some of the dies. Use that info to help decide if you want a "go" or a "baby".

Shop around. prices vary widely.

I found the GoBaby on Amazon just now for $78, with free shipping. But our budget is so tight right now that even though dh said to get it, I have a hard time justifying the purchase.

auntpiggylpn 08-26-2011 07:09 PM

I really think that you will not be happy with the Baby. Last December, I actually ordered a Baby on line and then after reading closer, I realized that it doesn't come with any dies!!! I called the place that I ordered from on line and actually changed my order to a Go.

I ordered mine thru Fabrichut.com and I think the guys name was Doug that I talked to when I wanted to change from the baby to the go. He cut me a pretty good deal! They have the Go right now for $199

(no affiliation with Fabrichut.com, just a satisfied customer!)

luvTooQuilt 08-26-2011 07:20 PM

If your seriously thinking about it get the GO instead of the baby.. you are limited on the dies you can use with the baby... But you can use ALL dies with the GO... however you cannot use the studio dies with either....

thats MHO.. and buy extra mats, they are for the most part 'disposable' if you use your machine as often as I do..

I just got some really great priced dies from the fabrichut.com thru amazon..

Grace173 08-26-2011 07:24 PM

Ah sure I'm dreaming about them! I'm in the same boat!! Please let me know what you go for. What about Walmarts cricut?

LLWinston44 08-26-2011 07:44 PM

Okay, thank you!! That's what I needed to know. I'll wait and get the Go.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 08-26-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Grace173
Ah sure I'm dreaming about them! I'm in the same boat!! Please let me know what you go for. What about Walmarts cricut?

Does the circuit cut fabric?

carolaug 08-27-2011 02:34 AM

I would not buy the baby...go for the regular Go or the studio.

carolaug 08-27-2011 02:36 AM

I have the circuit I use to use it for paper. I have never used it for fabric. hmmm...maybe I will give it a try....it just sits in my closet. I have not used it in over a year.