Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   accuquilt dies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-dies-t167570.html)

appliquequiltdesigns 11-10-2011 06:33 PM

accuquilt dies

I recently bought myself an accuquilter go. With Christmas coming I am planning on putting dies on my wish list. There are so many I am not sure which to choose. Please share with me what your favorite dies are.

Janie

sassyg 11-11-2011 03:46 AM

I love all of the strip dies but recently I have been using the rag die for quilts that I will be giving as xmas gifts. Like you there are so many to choose from.

CAJAMK 11-11-2011 04:27 AM

I have the Go also and enjoy the circles as it is 3 sizes, the hex again 3 sizes, the 2.5" strip for borders, and different triangle sizes as they cut off the corners so well.

Hen3rietta 11-11-2011 04:32 AM

I find the strip dies are the most useful. It is hard to keep the ruler straight over the width of fabric.

runninL8 11-11-2011 04:33 AM

I use the 5" square die to cut charms and the 2 1/2" strip to cut jelly rolls. There are so many patterns that use these shapes, it's easy to find a pattern you like to use these dies.

memepat 11-11-2011 04:38 AM

I'm going to keep my eyes on this thread - I was going to ask the same question.

catladyquilts 11-11-2011 05:50 AM

there are so many dies available, you just have to see which ones you would use. there are several that are really neat but I know I would never use them. My favorite so far is the drunkards path, I cut a full size quilt in 2 colors in less than 2 hours. now I'm working on a diamond scrappy.

dmyers 11-11-2011 05:52 AM

I have the Studio and the strip dies are my favorite especially 2.5"

luvTooQuilt 11-11-2011 06:00 AM

My favorite currently is the 2x2.. Great way to use up the lil scraps.. I have most dies minus the holiday appliques- dont see a need for them..

I love the big tumbler, baby tumbler, 3x6 bricks, and all the rag dies.... I bought the strips but I haven't opened them. For now I can cut strips pretty fast with my rotary cutter.. Blazing star looks cool- again another one not opened, The DWR is another id hate to have to cut all the pieces so Im sure the die is uber helpful ( yes another still wrapped)..

I hate the parallelogram.. cant sew them right to save my life...

Be sure to buy extra mats- they are basically disposable.. Get the milky white ones, they last longer- the grey ones are crap.. the rag dies will eat thru your mats quicker then normal so make sure you have back ups to your back ups...

SuzyQ 11-11-2011 06:36 AM

I have the Studio and I haven't met a die I didn't love LOL. I especially love the strip dies because I can't keep a ruler steady to cut the width of fabric and the circle dies which I use for wool. What I am always looking for is ways to use the dies in a quilt. I wish more patterns/magazines were die friendly.

Suzy