Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt go or Baby Accuquilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-baby-accuquilt-t214518.html)

armywife 02-22-2013 01:18 PM

If you do lots of strip quilts I would reccommend the Go rather than the Baby.

Prism99 02-22-2013 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by lizzy (Post 5880099)
Has anyone purchased one of these and how do you like it. I do lots of strip quilting and art quilts. What would you recommend? Is the money well spent? I see the dies are quite pricey. Thanks for any input.

I have the Accuquilt Go. For strips, I actually prefer using the June Taylor cutting mat. The Go is really nice for triangles -- cuts them with perfect accuracy and nips off the ears, which makes them really easy to match up for sewing. It is also very good for odd shapes such as the tumbler. If you like raw edge fusible applique, then the dies for that could be quite useful.

I do not think the Baby is as worthwhile getting as the Go -- as it limits the dies that you can use in the machine. If I had both the money and the dedicated space for it, I would love to have a Studio just because you can cut out so many pieces at one go with it.

Think carefully about the type of quilting you want to do. That will help you decide.

Lstew2212 02-22-2013 07:26 PM

I have to go baby and I love it. It is limited in the dies you can use. I bought the go baby because that is what I could afford at the time.

Xtgirl 02-22-2013 08:07 PM

I'd definitely buy the go over the baby if you think you would do a lot of strip cutting. You can use the strip dies to cut squares too. You could also look into the Sizzix line which is usually more affordable and can be used with accuquilt go dies or Sizzix. I have the Sizzix Westminster and can use it with go dies and most studio dies.

craftyheart2 02-22-2013 09:30 PM

I bought a Go lately. I make a lot of strip quilts and it is great. I bought the Go because it had optional starter kits that saved a lot on buying individual dies. I leaned hard towards a Studio but there were a limited number of dies. I am in Australia and I don't think it is all that common for quilters here to buy an Accuquilt cutter because of the price.

I type all day long in my job and I could see the day coming when my elbows gave out from using my hands/arms all day long and then again at night for cutting. I wish I had bought it a couple of years ago when I was 1st considering it.

Granchris 02-22-2013 11:14 PM

I love my Accuquilt Go. If you don't use yours try it again, if it still doesn't fit your needs, sell it. People like me would love to buy your dies. That's the only expensive part. They don't wear out, but the mats do eventually. There is a little waste however the cuts are always perfect.

TeresaS 02-23-2013 12:03 AM

I love my Go! Yes the dies can be expensive but I watch amazon for sales as well as Ebay. Love the Rag Die

twinkie 02-24-2013 04:48 AM

I have the Go Baby but do not use it often.

Krystyna 02-24-2013 05:10 AM

I have the GO! and love it. It makes piecing fast and accurate.

Reba'squilts 02-24-2013 05:32 AM

I really like my go. I especially like it for strips. I have a few other dies but have not tried them yet. It seems I keep using patterns that begin with the strips! My husband bought it for me as a Christmas gift 2 years ago. Our LQS was not going to sell them any more so 50% off. Both of us were happy!