Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt go or Baby Accuquilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-baby-accuquilt-t214518.html)

Bamagal 02-24-2013 05:35 AM

I have the Go!!! Love it love it!! I love the accuracy of the cuts!

quilttiger 02-24-2013 06:20 AM

I also have the AccuQuiltGo and I watch for deals on the dies....Amazon, specials at quilt showes, etc. I would take mine anytime over the Baby Go. I use mine a lot and I bought it when it first came out. Love it!!!

bstroud51 02-24-2013 06:33 AM

I have a Go and a Go Baby. I can get them for 50% of retail if anyone is interested. Same with dies.

SoBuzy 02-24-2013 07:26 AM

I have the Studio and LOVE it! Have several dies and usually only purchase when on sale... Bought the EBosser for granddaughter for Christmas gift....she loves it....

benson1 02-24-2013 07:34 AM

joann's don't let you use the coupons for the dies for the accuquilt systems . It states it on the coupons if you read them in the small writing

BellaBoo 02-24-2013 07:45 AM

My guild has the Studio, members can use it with the dies available or buy their own. Members have to furnish their own mats. I have the Go and Go Baby and use them both. If the quilt pattern I want to make has different size pieces I use EQ7 and redraft the pieces to fit the die. I have all the dies except a few applique ones. I cut freezer paper or vellem with some of the dies to make templates for string piecing on the templates then sewing the pieces together. Makes the applique fantastic and uses up the smallest scraps.

Sapphire_Rae 02-24-2013 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Granchris (Post 5881743)
I love my Accuquilt Go. If you don't use yours try it again, if it still doesn't fit your needs, sell it. People like me would love to buy your dies. That's the only expensive part. They don't wear out, but the mats do eventually. There is a little waste however the cuts are always perfect.

What she said!

I suggest getting the GO! if you can afford it.

BillieJean 02-24-2013 08:32 AM

I got a Go Baby for Christmas, I really didn't think I would like it. I used it for the first time last Monday ...I do believe I am really going to like it.
If I was making strip quilts, I do believe I would buy the accuguilt cutter. My friend has one and loves it.

BettyGee 02-24-2013 08:37 AM

I have a GO and love it. I agree that the dies are quite expensive, but they have saved me so much time it has all been worth it. I would recommend it if you do a lot of quilting as it saves time on preparing the shapes so you can have the fun of piecing and quilting.

caspharm 02-24-2013 10:43 AM

I have a Studio and a Go Baby. I had a Go and sold it to trade up to the Studio. I am also considering selling my Go Baby since I haven't used it either.

I bought the cutter to be able to make the more difficult shapes like tumblers (on my to-do list) and have bought a strip cutter as well. Also, want to buy Ebony Love's custom strip die, but have to save for it.