Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go-I'm in Love! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-im-love-t97810.html)

nnewman 02-08-2011 07:06 AM

I got my Accuquilt Go last week and spent the day yesterday cutting up fabric for 7 quilt projects. I absolutely love it. (I spent about six weeks trying to decide whether or not to get it and am very thankful for all the advice given on this board.) It is so easy to use and the shapes come out so perfect! I found it faster than I expected and was surprised that I didn't have much waste. It will really improve my quilt projects, but most of all I feel able to do lots of projects that I have put off as too hard. I am just not that accurate with my rotary cutting, especially triangles!

Regarding cost: I have been sewing for decades and mostly have had to really make do with what I could afford, always weighing if the cost made logical sense. This is one of those items that I can't make a good cost analysis for; but if you can afford it, it will really make a difference in your piecing and probably in your enjoyment factor!

I ordered mine from Fabric Hut/Amazon for $199.

jajudd24 02-08-2011 07:11 AM

some one was elling me the mats wear down so quickly ad have to replace....have you heard anything or researched known???

sewwhat85 02-08-2011 07:14 AM

thanks for the reveiw

livenlearn124 02-08-2011 07:51 AM

Which dies did you get with your machine? and did you order any additional dies?

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and order one myself, and was wondering which are the most used dies.

nnewman 02-08-2011 08:03 AM

I think it depends on the type of quilting you are going to do. My cousin got most of the applique type dies and loves them but didn't get the shapes. I was the opposite. The Go comes with a standard die, in addition I got the 3 1/2 sq, 3 7/8 half square triangle, and the 2 1/2 strip (loved this one, could cut all the bindings, sashings etc in one swipe). I'm planning on getting more as I need them but this is what I needed to be able to make lots of standard blocks with squares and triangles.

PaperPrincess 02-08-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by jajudd24
some one was elling me the mats wear down so quickly ad have to replace....have you heard anything or researched known???

The mats do wear out, but not all that quickly. If you cut the same shape over and over in the same spot on your mat, it will reduce its life. You need to flip the mat over, flip it end for end and try not to keep cutting the same shape in the same place.

peaceandjoy 02-08-2011 09:22 AM

Hoping to not get in trouble...

There is a yahoo group, pinsandneedles, that has dies and mats at 30% off... You have to send an email to them to join, but that's it! Great deal, great service.

I ordered a die and some mats last week, and already have them.

luvstoquilt301 02-08-2011 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I LOVE mine also. I have had it since Nov. and recently bought the 6 1/2 tumbler die. What a great scrapper user upper. I am busting all my 1930's fabric into quilts for kids at our local hospital.

sassyg 02-10-2011 09:05 AM

I too have the accuquilt go and several dies;when I purchased mine at Joanne's I had a printed sheet from quilting warehouse with all the dies and the accuquilt prices listed. I took it to Joanne's and they matched the prices. Ps I love the accuquilt

BellaBoo 02-10-2011 01:10 PM

I really use my Go much more then I thought I would. I use the hex die to cut thick paper templates for hexagons and get the look of horror from other Go users. You'll dull the die! LOL. If it wears out after a thousand paper cuts then I'll buy a new die.