Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go works slick (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-works-slick-t98908.html)

seamstome 02-11-2011 07:00 PM

Am just cutting my first quilt with it. 1 inch finished log cabin Twin size so I bought the 1 1/2 inch strip die. There was no more prep than usual since I prewash my fabrics. Laid out two FQ on the die, rolled it through and something like 24 strips are done ASAP. It is a Judy Martin pattern so I am cutting perpendicular to the salvage. 21 times of doing that and the first cut was done.

There was virtually no waste.

Now to the hard part of cutting the strips into the shorter sections and piecing the thing. My first log cabin.

fidgety 02-11-2011 07:11 PM

Hope you are feeling better! Make sure you post pics when you are done.. are you making this in your favorite colors????? Is it for you to keep or have you gone and promised this one out too. lol.. :thumbup: Have fun..

quiltingnonie 02-11-2011 07:23 PM

I bought the 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2" stip cutter dies. I LOVE how the strips are PERFECTLY straight. Easy peasy :)

bamamama 02-11-2011 07:25 PM

I want one! That'll have to be my next toy!

sewwhat85 02-11-2011 09:32 PM

sound like fun

seamstome 02-12-2011 04:56 PM

Thanks fidgety, just a little better. Yes, I promised this one out too....but for a good cause that you will all empathize with.

Our county historical society is doing a quilted barns campaign (think Shipshewanna wannabe) to save some of our historic barns and the tradition of quilting. They have a great antique quilt show and have really fostered quilting in this area.

My professional women's group has decided to have a fundraiser highlighting this cause since the president of our group who was an avid quilter passed away suddenly about a month ago. She was 61.

As a tribute to her, part of the funds will go to the quilted barn campaign and the other part will go in an endowment fund in her name for scholarships reserved for women over the age of 25 to return to college.

I could not say no. Barns, Americana, quilting and scholarships for needy women all in one place!!!! The only other thing they could have added was a puppy dog. But they were still sneaky and had one of my bridge friends make sure I made the meeting, knowing I would volunteer. She actually winked at me in the meeting when I said Ill get you a quilt made!

Just print sucker on my forehead.

fidgety 02-12-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Just print sucker on my forehead.

I dont think sucker qualifies on this one... More like compassionate one!!! :thumbup:
Make sure you post a pic for us when you get it done. When is it due?

seamstome 02-13-2011 06:23 AM

April 8. The way the pattern works I can make a 58 by 58 wallhanging. I told them I would try for the twin but they might get the wallhanging.

It's all cut and I will sew today.

The only weird thing about the GO is the static cling...does anybodyelse get that?

quiltingnonie 02-13-2011 12:08 PM

Yes I get the static cling. I think I might try rubbing the matt with a dryer sheet and see if that helps???

BellaBoo 02-13-2011 01:16 PM

I use the static spray found in the laundry aisle. It's called Static Guard or Static Shield. It lasts a long time when sprayed on the mat. I use it to spray my hairbrush too!