Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go - Is it worthwhile to buy one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-worthwhile-buy-one-t148488.html)

quiltntoday 08-28-2011 07:05 AM

The Accuquilt Go seems like a good device to own for a quilter. I'm wondering if I should buy one. You can buy lots of rotary cutters and blades for the cost of an Accuquilt. I'm almost 60 so I keep thinking that some day it might be hard for me to cut fabric but at that point I probably wouldn't be able to turn the handle on an Accuquilt either.

So, those folks who own Accuquilts, what do you think? Do you love it, hate it, think it's worthwhile? Or, is it just a marketing ploy to create a product that all quilters are supposed to need?

nikki128 08-28-2011 07:10 AM

Carol-

I bought a Go baby a few months ago and I absolutely love it. I have had surgery for carpal tunnel and was afraid it would be to hard to crank. however, I've had no issues as long as I only put 4 layers. The more layers you try to cut at once the harder it gets to crank. I am planning on buying a regular go soon. If you are unsure I would start with the baby. You can get one for 89.99 on amazon.

Connie in CO 08-28-2011 07:14 AM

I have the Go Baby,i just bought the Hexagon die.Just remember you have to use the straight of grain not the width.
Connie in CO

frarose 08-28-2011 07:17 AM

I love the GO especially for strip cutting because they always come out without the curves that you sometimes get. If you get free shipping it can be a good deal. You can get the GO for $199 at sewforless here http://www.sewforless.com/item/AccuQ...ic_Cutter/8197 you will also have to buy templates that you want.

lyndaloo 08-28-2011 07:21 AM

I love mine. I'm 66 and have fibromyalgia and arthritis, and it is a lot easier for me than rotary cutting. I've found that the larger dies (especially strip cutters) make it harder to turn the handle. But if you can be happy cutting 2 or 3 layers instead of 6, it's not bad at all. I use mine all the time and I'm so glad I have it.

PaperPrincess 08-28-2011 07:50 AM

If you do a search on this board for Accucut, you will find lots of info.

luvTooQuilt 08-28-2011 08:07 AM

If you are seriously thinking about it, buy the GO not the baby- you are limited on the dies you can use with the baby.. You can use all the dies with the GO but you cant use the studio dies with either...

I love my GO.. And if I had the funds at the time i would of gone with the studio.. Since I use my go alot!! but buy lots of mats, they are basically disposable..

Sewfine 08-28-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by quiltntoday
The Accuquilt Go seems like a good device to own for a quilter. I'm wondering if I should buy one. You can buy lots of rotary cutters and blades for the cost of an Accuquilt. I'm almost 60 so I keep thinking that some day it might be hard for me to cut fabric but at that point I probably wouldn't be able to turn the handle on an Accuquilt either.

So, those folks who own Accuquilts, what do you think? Do you love it, hate it, think it's worthwhile? Or, is it just a marketing ploy to create a product that all quilters are supposed to need?

I was actually thinking about getting one myself. I hear they are good to have.

auntpiggylpn 08-28-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
If you are seriously thinking about it, buy the GO not the baby- you are limited on the dies you can use with the baby.. You can use all the dies with the GO but you cant use the studio dies with either...

I love my GO.. And if I had the funds at the time i would of gone with the studio.. Since I use my go alot!! but buy lots of mats, they are basically disposable..

And the Baby doesn't even come with a value die!!!

quiltntoday 08-28-2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
If you do a search on this board for Accucut, you will find lots of info.

Wow, I had no idea there were that many posts! Thanks.