Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Advantages of Sewing on a Treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/advantages-sewing-treadle-t54252.html)

Lostn51 07-13-2010 07:39 AM

Okay we have been having some really bad storms here the past couple of days. Yesterday the tree next door got hit by lightning and literally blew up.....that was pretty cool looking.

But the electricity went out today while I was out in the Studio servicing a couple of treadle heads and I was running one in when my wife came out to tell me that the electricity was off. :roll: After she told me about the revelation she asked how I was able to keep sewing if I didnt have any electricity..........

Never missing a beat I just pointed to the treadle and smiled :mrgreen:

Billy

Up North 07-13-2010 07:42 AM

Right on Billy!! That is one reason I wanted a Treadle! A back up when the electricity is out! It happens here more in the winter tho!

craftybear 07-13-2010 07:44 AM

I want a treadle! Wow you are so lucky! so did you sew while the power was off on your cool treadle!

Lostn51 07-13-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I want a treadle! Wow you are so lucky! so did you sew while the power was off on your cool treadle!

Never stopped once! After I was finished with that head I slapped another on in its spot and started running it in. I am telling you our fore fathers had it going on!!!

Billy

aorlflood 07-13-2010 08:27 AM

Well...that would take care of the sewing prob. However, my poor old eyes wouldn't be able to see without the 15 lights I have to have one when I sew! LOL

ginnie6 07-13-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Well...that would take care of the sewing prob. However, my poor old eyes wouldn't be able to see without the 15 lights I have to have one when I sew! LOL

ahh but harbor freight has these NEAT little led lights that are magnetic and will go on the front of your treadle! They are on my list of must haves.

BKinCO 07-13-2010 08:48 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay we have been having some really bad storms here the past couple of days. Yesterday the tree next door got hit by lightning and literally blew up.....that was pretty cool looking.

But the electricity went out today while I was out in the Studio servicing a couple of treadle heads and I was running one in when my wife came out to tell me that the electricity was off. :roll: After she told me about the revelation she asked how I was able to keep sewing if I didnt have any electricity..........

Never missing a beat I just pointed to the treadle and smiled :mrgreen:

Billy

Lostn51 07-13-2010 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO

Play nice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

BKinCO 07-13-2010 09:07 AM

WHAT?? I didn't say a word ;)

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by BKinCO

Play nice!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

raptureready 07-13-2010 03:30 PM

When our electricity goes out I always tell DD to turn the tv on so that we can have something to do. LOL

That tree blowing up would have been an awesome thing to see. I got to watch a tornado tear up barns and lightpoles not quite a mile N. of our house one time when I still lived on the farm. Although it was devasting to the people hit it was an awesome thing to watch. Nature's power and fury are amazing to see. Not that they're good things---just awe inspiring.