Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   All those you gave us tutorials. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-those-you-gave-us-tutorials-t213317.html)

sewingsuz 02-08-2013 01:08 PM

All those you gave us tutorials.

I had to write up a supplies list and instructions for our guild for a sew in we are having. I also had to make up several copies of the pattern. Wow, It is difficult to write up instructions. I had to make the item( which is a reversible childs apron with pockets) while I wrote the instructions so I would not miss a step. I have made several of these in the past and never thought a thing of it. Try to write it down is a different story. All of you who have done this for us, A BIG THANK YOU. :thumbup:

grammy Dwynn 02-08-2013 01:52 PM

Hear hear!!

I have had 'adjusted' a pattern to fit my needs and still have trouble down the road figuring out what I meant.

IMHO when 'free' tutorials (patterns) are offered, I 'hope' there are no errors, but if there are that it is understandable. Hey, what does one want for FREE! On the other hand when, when I pay for the pattern/book I get a little upset. Grrrr!

Jan in VA 02-08-2013 03:28 PM

I particularly enjoy writing pattern instructions and have posted several here on the board. I include graphics drawn with the Paint program on my computer. The process is time-consuming but is something I love doing. I have appreciated the value members here have placed on what I do and extend my own appreciation for those others have written and photographed.

Thank you for the acknowledgment. :)

Jan in VA

mawluv 02-08-2013 04:18 PM

A BIG THANK YOU, Jan, I always enjoy your instructions and when you color them for us!

postal packin' mama 02-10-2013 01:07 AM

quote: "...several copies of the pattern, which is a reversible childs apron with pockets..."
Any chance of posting the pattern here? It's exactly what I've been looking for, a bib-style reversible apron with pockets for my DGD's third birthday in June.

nhweaver 02-10-2013 04:52 AM

Your tutes are great, a round of applause to you from me!

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5847968)
I particularly enjoy writing pattern instructions and have posted several here on the board. I include graphics drawn with the Paint program on my computer. The process is time-consuming but is something I love doing. I have appreciated the value members here have placed on what I do and extend my own appreciation for those others have written and photographed.

Thank you for the acknowledgment. :)

Jan in VA

eparys 02-10-2013 07:23 AM

I so agree with you sewingsuz . There are some great tutes here!
Jan in Va
- you do have great tutes. It is amazing how much time it takes - I made a sewing tote a while ago and several ladies here wanted the pattern. I was amazed how long it took to do the pics and directions!!

alwayslearning 02-10-2013 08:01 AM

The quilters on this board are so generous!