Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Alto's Quilt Cut 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/altos-quilt-cut-2-a-t65933.html)

DebsShelties 09-21-2010 02:17 AM

It arrived last night, by golly if that box weighed 18 pounds I am a monkey's uncle. It was LIGHTER than that. My smallest Sheltie weighs apporx 18 - 20 pounds, she is heavier than the box was. The UPS guy said, have a large box for you tonight when I opened the door. Told him it's a cutting machine for quilting, he smiled.
The unit comes together where all you need to do is insert the ruler and speed guide.
I did some cutting on it, NICE! Going to love this machine. With it being so light, it is easy to move if needed. It also is not going to take up a bunch of space on my cutting table. I have one of the fold down ones on wheels. The unit takes up 3/4 of one fold down side.
I am going to cut some strips out later today after I finish mowing the back yard, as today will be a cool day here to do yard work, to use for the ACCUQUILT - GO. Want to do some tumbling blocks etc.

jrhboxers 09-21-2010 04:43 AM

LOVE MINE!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
I purchased it from a lady here on the board. What a difference it makes. Quick to cut and basically NO RULER MISTAKES. No slipping, scooting, etc. I have been amazed how much fabric I am saving. I have always bought a little extra fabric because I knew that I would ruin some with slippage. Now I have some wonderful, usable scraps. And I love the fact that it is 99% ready to use when you take it out. Really just about as easy as moving your cutting mat.

Now I am looking for the perfect fabric to make me a carrying case for it. I know that I can buy one, but I want my baby to have something special.

I am really thinking about getting my mom one for Christmas and making it a cover too. She usually buys precuts because of cutting it out and I think that she will love it. When we go home - hopefully in October - I am taking my baby and see what she thinks about it. If she flips like I think she will, I will order one for Christmas.

Although I may have to deal with having a second on hand if she doesn't want it - wouldn't want to have to deal with returning it. :twisted: Yeah, that's what I will tell my DH. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yarn or Fabric 09-21-2010 05:25 AM

It is on the top of my wish list now.... You guys are killing me here!!

I'm going to call around to the sewing & quilting stores here in town and see if any of them carry it... it might be one of those order online only but I sure would love to see it in person and don't think I can wait until Paducah - which I am going to next year and am not going to let a friend of mine talk me out of it like she did this year... :'(

DJ 09-21-2010 05:45 AM

I bought one at the county fair. I haven't had a chance to use it too much since I was busy machine quilting something before I move on to the next project.

willferg 09-21-2010 06:24 AM

I love mine! I've been able to do so much more and learn so much more quickly since I've been able to cut easily and straight.

I find now that when I'm away and have to cut fabric the old way, with just rulers, I get nervous and don't want to do it. It's great to be able to eliminate the fear of mis-cutting. Not that I don't ever make mistakes, but I have way more confidence cutting with this system.

I highly recommend this product!

sew_lulu 09-21-2010 06:27 AM

I guess I'm the only who didn't like it as much b/c of the size. I don't have a designated place for it. I had to pull it out and clear the table for it. After a while, it just stay hidden.

carmen4him 09-21-2010 06:30 AM

Do you still have it? Are you interested in selling? Is this different than the Accuquilt go? Thanks, Carmen

dellareya 09-21-2010 07:08 AM

So glad to see this thread. I'm going to purchase a cutting system soon. I'm having a hard time deciding between Accuquilt and Alto's. Last night I was convinced to get the Accuquilt, now after reading these comments I'm on the fence again.
If you had a choice which one would you get??????? :roll:

Chasing Hawk 09-21-2010 07:10 AM

That is the cutting system I want.
I have heard really good things about it.

Prism99 09-21-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by carmen4him
Do you still have it? Are you interested in selling? Is this different than the Accuquilt go? Thanks, Carmen

It's a completely different type of system. With the Go!, you hand crank a layer of die/fabric/cutting mat through two rollers (like the old-fashioned washing machine rollers). Pressure causes the fabric to be cut through by the metal die imbedded in a tray of foam.

The Quilt Cut is a ruler-and-rotary-cutter system that allows you to secure the ruler in place before cutting.