Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t201677.html)

sewbeadit 09-27-2012 02:04 PM

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one that prints off free quilt patterns and such from the computer and have it in stacks in my sewing room? I bought some hanging file totes to put them in. There is so much information out there it is keeping my ink supplier in business!

grammy Dwynn 09-27-2012 02:11 PM

LOL, you are NOT alone!!! I have many printed out and some saved in my computer. The sad thing is that I have only used a couple to make a quilt. I now have to REALLY "talk to myself" as to whether or not I really would make the quilt.

DebraK 09-27-2012 02:15 PM

I store them online. No need to print them until I need them.

Lori S 09-27-2012 02:38 PM

After , discovering , and yes printing off lot of patterns .. that sat or got filed . I have stopped printing and saving them . Now I search around closer to the time of construction. I may bookmark the page , so I can find one .. but even then I rarely go there .

ckcowl 09-27-2012 02:46 PM

i generally just save it in a folder on the computer-instead of printing them off-until i am ready to make them- once in a while though i feel the need to print off-even if i believe i will never actually get around to making it- just for inspiration, or for a future idea...if i printed off every free pattern that caught my eye we would loose a whole rainforest!...and i would probably need a bigger house. :)

texpat45 09-27-2012 02:48 PM

I have tons of them stored on line as well as several file folders of print outs for quilts, applique patterns, tote/purse patterns, and other sewing projects I planned to do. Someday. Yeah, right!! And let's don't mention the quilt books I've purchased this year alone. It'd take me several lifetimes and a few million dollars in fabric to do all the projects I would like to do.

nhweaver 09-27-2012 02:50 PM

I bookmark the site now for the free patterns that I like, I think it is like our stash of fabric and books, so many great ideas, so few time. I have so many quilt books, and have made so few quilts from them. But, I look through them to get ideas for colors and patterns. They are old friends.

auntpiggylpn 09-27-2012 03:29 PM

I don't print them off anymore as ink is toooooo expensive! I do still store them but I have a flash drive specifically for quilting patterns. I use the flash drive so the zillions of patterns don't clog up my hard drive! I will never get throuogh all the patterns but that doesn't stop me from saving them!

tesspug 09-27-2012 03:31 PM

I think it shows how optimistic we are. We really think it is possible to make all those quilts. That's why we have a stash.

YukonViv 09-27-2012 03:47 PM

I used to print off free quilt and free cross stitch patterns. I had a ton of them.

I've become more realistic and have developed my own "style" which a lot of what I had printed didn't fit. So off they went into the woodstove.

I now only print what I need and only save those that fit me.