Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one...? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t88129.html)

redeagle 01-06-2011 11:14 AM

Surely I'm not the only one to make a quilt for a pet. I have made lots of quilts for grandkids but I have one unmarried dau who has a golden retriever. It was sort of a joke. She complained that her sisters all had quilts because they had kids and she felt left out so I made a 45x45 quilt for her dog. Every a.m. she spreads the quilt out over the dog's bed and every nite the dog remakes the bed. She digs the quilt up into a pile and when the pile is to her liking she lies down with her head on the pile of quilt. Now if THAT isn't appreciation, I don't know what is! LOL
P.S My dogs don't have quilts. They use mine which is on my bed!

Jim's Gem 01-06-2011 11:16 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California.

No, you are not the only one. I have not made one for my dogs but there are many on here who have made them for their pets.

Quilter7x 01-06-2011 11:22 AM

When one of our cats died, I made one for the casket my hubby made for her. Our other cat had many "cat mats" as I like to call them. The animals love them and we people love that they can dirty that up and then just throw it in the washer!

Welcome to the board. :)

Kate Knoeck 01-06-2011 11:22 AM

I am glad you made one for a dog. After all Dogs are part of the family too. Why should they be left out. However I hope you used thick fabric otherwise you might be making another soon. :-D

Ramona Byrd 01-06-2011 11:28 AM

I made quilts for each of my two rescue cats, but they only use them when I'm in the same room with them. When I go to bed, so do they, right beside me in bed.
Should I go to the bathroom, both of them hurry in front of me so that I don't get lost!!

happymrs 01-06-2011 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out my current avitar here. That's Ranger on his new quilt, when we first brought him home. In the pic I am posting are quilts for the other two. One with purple is for our old lady Beagle, Katie, then the one with red is for my pup, Harley, & yes, they love their quilts & know who's is who's. It was fun making them too, lol....

featherweight 01-06-2011 11:39 AM

Well of course I make quilts for my Great Grand Doggie. She is a choclate lab and was the ring bearer at my Grand Daughters wedding. She did so well. I made her a neck scarf and embroidered her name on it. She took it out of the box and drug it around the house until it is now a piece of fringe. Love all my Grand doggies and Grand kitties.

AngieS 01-06-2011 11:41 AM

I don't have dogs but that is sweet! :XD: :thumbup:

bjnicholson 01-06-2011 11:44 AM

My son's dog used to lay on his bed with his head on the pillow and his paws all curled up like a little kid. He was a huge German Shephard. It was too funny!

JulieR 01-06-2011 11:49 AM

I would, but two of my dogs would just chew them to bits anyway. Instead, the BEST thing in the world to them is a bowtucks handle. I make long ones just for them and they drag them EVERYWHERE!