Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   anita goodesign quilting cd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anita-goodesign-quilting-cd-t154626.html)

hokieappmom 09-21-2011 07:39 AM

Has anyone used any of her designs for a quilt? I'm wondering how hard it is to repeat a design, and if it has to be done in an embroidery frame or can you use the design as free motion. Thanks for any input.

featherweight 09-21-2011 07:56 AM

It has to be used in the hoop. I have a quilt ready to try the quilting designs on. I am just dredding the fact that each block has to be re-hooped. I may change my mind..

the casual quilter 09-21-2011 07:59 AM

I use Anita Goodesign embroidery designs quite a bit and always use them with a hoop in my embroidery machine. I have used them in a quilt, using a design in each block. I embroidered the blocks before I assembled the quilt.

I'm not clear on what the question about using the cards as free motion. Can you clarify?

hokieappmom 09-21-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by the casual quilter
I use Anita Goodesign embroidery designs quite a bit and always use them with a hoop in my embroidery machine. I have used them in a quilt, using a design in each block. I embroidered the blocks before I assembled the quilt.

I'm not clear on what the question about using the cards as free motion. Can you clarify?

I have a quilt frame and wondered if I can send the designs to my Bernina and use the designs that way rather than in an embroidery hoop. It's not really free motion since I would be using the design, but it wouldn't have to stop and rehoop. They may have to be hooped though.

Crqltr 09-21-2011 09:41 AM

I have used embr machine to quilt..it goes pretty fast. You have to rehoop but you are not messing with stabilizer and stuff.

Jamiestitcher62 09-21-2011 11:12 AM

I would think not, because when you embroider, the hoop moves, not the sewing machine, but if you have your machine hooked up to a quilt on a frame, the machine isn't going to move and the needle will continue to drop in the same spot without the embroidery hoop. The embroidery CD is designed to move the hoop in the direction the programming tells it.

PaperPrincess 09-21-2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by hokieappmom

I have a quilt frame and wondered if I can send the designs to my Bernina and use the designs that way rather than in an embroidery hoop. It's not really free motion since I would be using the design, but it wouldn't have to stop and rehoop. They may have to be hooped though.

These designs are created for an Embroidery Machine. You cannot use them with a regular machine or in any other way other than the machine embroidery hoop that comes with your machine embroidery unit.

featherweight 09-21-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess

Originally Posted by hokieappmom

These designs are created for an Embroidery Machine. You cannot use them with a regular machine or in any other way other than the machine embroidery hoop that comes with your machine embroidery unit.

You are so, so correct!!!